Remote / Berlin, Germany •
€30k - €100k
7 hours ago
Herdius is a Berlin based Blockchain Company. We are working on building homomorphic distributed private key generation which then is turned into value bearing products in different sectors. Currently we are very close to open beta-testing for the Herdius-Crypto-Wallet. What we focus on on the blockchain field specifically is interoperability and trading. When connecting different chains on the key level, users can eliminate communication channels, bridges and complex systems. In other words, users can do cross-exchange and chain token swaps very conveniently and profitably for the user due to the cross-exchange arbitrage opportunities. The broader vision is one day to replace API auth keys with public-private key cryptography in order to provide layered access to user data.
All this makes for a crypto eco system and hedge fund that pays interest on all cryptocurrencies (that right now are unfortunately somewhat unusable and just laying around on wallets).
About the role:
Herdius is seeking for a Gopher Guru - an experienced Senior Golang Backend-Developer - to join our team of smart and visionary individuals. Experience in Blockchain is not necessary but a big plus.
We do not look at this role as another standard job but rather as great opportunity to build something really meaningful und amazing. Become a member of our great collective of top nodge engineers and people - altogether working to create cutting edge tech for the masses.
Besides the Herdius HQ in Berlin our Dev-Team is working mostly remote on different time-zones - so this vacancy surely also is location agnostic.
We would expect you to contribute at least 20hrs per week for part-time but joining full time is possible, too.
Cool things you will work on:
- Implementation and design of Herdius’ consensus algorithm and p2p order routing protocol.
- Lots of work around trading and high volume data handling and transfer.
- Design and implementation of a low-latency, high-availability, and performant algorithmic hedge fund and exchange order book.
- Integration of the Herdius distributed private key generation protocol.
- Constant performance testing and improvement of our architecture.
- Working on new financial products that have not been seen in the crypto world, setting up the base-layer infrastructure of a trading system and hedge fund
Skills & requirements
- Strong proficiency & experience working with Golang
- 3+ years of experience as a backend engineer, language agnostic but Go, React, NodeJS, Vue.JS, Scala, Angular, Rust preferred
- Experience and passion working with distributed systems and networking
- Strong interest in blockchains and related technologies
- Passion for delivering quality, secure code with loads of testing
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Interest in privacy and cryptography, trading and financial service
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind various consensus algorithms
- Understanding differences between dPOS, DAGs, Plasma, BFT, aBFT, etc.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Your education or professional experience at the end of the day does not matter to us. It all comes down to us being convinced by your skills and drive! We mainly look for people who are passionate about projects they work on and have the drive to see a project through. Our code is mostly done in Golang with some Solidity for connectivity with Ethereum.
How to apply:
Send anything that reflects on your knowledge and experience in the field. Besides a CV/LinkedIn-profile you can send links of your GitHub/Stack Overflow/Portfolio/ or something awesome you’ve built that you’re simply proud of.🔗 Link