Backend Engineer at Cuvva - London, United KingdomSalary
£60K – £75K• Company Website https://cuvva.com
When we refer to the “core platform”, we mean the services which underpin the processes of all insurance activities on our system.
For example, we expect one of these to be the “policy service”, which might be responsible for ensuring compliant issuance of policies, coordinating mid-term adjustments, preventing overlapping policies (double insurance), etc.
Other services could include user authentication, risk & pricing calculation, handling the process of modifying user data in-line with any mid-term adjustment requirements.
All services we consider to be part of the core platform will have strict requirements around stability, data integrity and transactional safety. All functionality must fail safely and explicitly, for example using 2-phase commit processes or other similar techniques. This will also require a reasonable level of testing to validate this safety.
The perfect addition to our team will have:
- a fiercely independent and self-driven approach
- 5+ years’ commercial experience working on back-end systems at high-scale startups
- at least a year of commercial experience working with Go
- strong knowledge of security practices, ideally with a slightly grey-hat background
- a working knowledge of the entire web stack - from how DNS lookups are transmitted, to how browsers prioritize CSS rules
- awareness of compliance and financial regulation
We are a small team so it is important that the successful candidate is not only technically highly competent, but also a great cultural fit!
Perks & Benefits
As well as a competitive salary (£60-75k, dependent on experience) and equity based remuneration, benefits of working at Cuvva include working in our new offices in Shoreditch and of course significant savings on your car insurance.