- Upload Your CV
- Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
For any enquiries on this job please contact the job poster
£70k - £90k
Senior Backend Developer - London
Coda is a technology company with a mission to build the best mobile games for each individual user with help of latest design trends and technology available for personalized experiences. Experimentation, creativity, and data are at the core of what we do.
We are a well-funded seed stage company founded by mobile industry veterans who have worked together for the past 6 years and exited their previous company. The company is based in London, and we have team members in Berlin and Istanbul.
About our team
We are a group of entrepreneurs who came together to build great games. After having exited the previous company that we built together and sold, our key goal is to make an impact in an area we are all passionate about and have fun.
We started and built the biggest mobile ad network in the Middle East and Southern Europe region and sold it to AdColony, one of the biggest, the inventors of rewarded video ads in mobile games. Our expertise is in the commercialization of games at scale, enabled by complex technology platforms.
Our goal is to bring together the best talent that is fit to go after our mission, regardless of background and location. We believe in opportunity equality and in the ability of diverse thinking teams to make a world-changing impact. We are looking to join up with other risk takers to form the foundation of our team.
We are looking for experienced backend engineers to build the Coda platform from scratch. You will be one of the pioneer engineers who contribute to all parts and elements of the data platform we are building, from infrastructure to architecture to development.
You will work in a team consisting of experienced backend, data and machine learning engineers, directly reporting to CTO, for designing and building an integrated platform with numerous components and services, the primary intention being recording, querying and processing data. Agility, speed, robustness, security and availability are the core properties of the system we are aiming for. Although there are particular technologies we would like you to be experienced with, the main acceptance criteria for this role are system thinking ability, perfect problem solving skills and desire for constant positive contribution to Coda’s success.
Why join Coda?
*You’ll get to benefit from being part of a transparent and early stage team where you can get exposure to various aspects of a company whilst deploying your own expertise with a clear product vision and the funding to survive the chasm * You will work on some of the hardest technical and operational challenges in the industry - explore and break your own limits and help us break our own * Yes it’s mission impossible and yes we know our ambitions are slightly over the top but we bring experience and resources of a proven team that has achieved a wild dream before and is hungry for more * You will work with a diverse team that has learning, having fun and achieving long term goals as top priorities
$110k – $135k
Wanderu, a 2016 Inc Magazine Top 15 Company, is a fast-growing startup that simplifies the process of comparing and purchasing ground transportation in more than 40 countries. Wanderu instantly searches over 200 different bus and train operators, routes, and schedules, empowering millions of travelers to find the right trip for them at the best price. Be a part of an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
We are seeking experienced engineers to join our Platform Engineering team. In this role, you will be key to the development and management of the Wanderu technology platform. As a member of this team, you will work closely with others in an exciting environment using the latest technologies including NoSQL and graph search technologies. You will start fast and ship features and fixes in your first week.
You learned CS concepts in school like linked lists, graphs, Big “O” notation, search and sorting, but you wondered why everybody used a relational db for everything.
You thrive in an environment that doesn’t get bogged down with red-tape and encourages creative solutions to complex problems.
You desire to have an impact with what you do and want to see what you build help people.
You know that there is never just one path to a solution and that the key is finding the solution that helps move the product and team forward quickly without sacrificing quality.
You like to travel and wondered how technology could have made the experience better.
When you run into every-day problems, you think to yourself “How can I automate this?” or “How can I make this work better?”
When you were a child, you disassembled your toys to see how they worked. Most of the time, the pieces came back together in the right order.
Your engineering career started on the front-end or the back-end, but you feel comfortable contributing across the full stack.
• We are polyglots for everything – coding languages, frameworks, databases, and human languages • We choose the best technologies for a given problem and are not afraid to try something new • We implement Python, Golang and node.js for our APIs, backed by MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and a myriad of AWS resources • We employ agile methodologies (combination of Scrum and Kanban) and deploy to production frequently • We negotiate on “right” vs “right now” to deliver a minimally viable product to our customers as quickly as possible, analyzing the results and building on them to continuously improve. • We are a team and support each other on all challenges • We maintain standards of code quality and testability • We have fun together and celebrate each other’s accomplishments
• Experience with writing scalable REST Services backed by high-performance databases • Experience with designing and developing high-volume transactional e-commerce systems • At least 3-5 years of experience developing with node.js, Python or equivalent languages for high traffic websites Desirable skills • MongoDB / PostgreSQL / Redis experience • Experience building scalable I18N/L10N support for data models and APIs • Experience working with geolocation APIs and data • Knowledge of Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, and AWS resources like SQS, Redshift and RDS
How to apply
If you think this describes you, email us your resume along with any additional requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits • Health benefits including dental & vision • Remote and Work from Home Friendly • Stock options – all employees benefit from the performance of the company • Unlimited vacation policy • Quarterly Internal Hackathons where we get to work on crazy fun ideas • Lunch & Learns by industry leaders • Ping-pong table • Compensated travel tickets • Fully stocked snack kitchen • Team outings • Happy hour every Friday
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
$35K – $45K
As a Junior Blockchain Engineer, you will be part of a team of Engineers delivering the core Karatcoin technology product. This includes the core Blockchain node and a suite of innovative smart contracts. The Blockchain space is young and evolving so the role would suit a self-starter who is ready to dive into space with support from Senior Engineers.
We work in a decentralized model, allowing you to work from anywhere. The physical HQ is in the United Kingdom, with offices in London (UK) and Biella (IT).
Karatcoin has an ambitious program to create a suite of Blockchain tools and products that will enhance the environment and form the basis for future products and businesses. By joining Karatcoin you will have the chance to help create these tools and products in an environment where research and investigation are valued.
We need to complete a tech team to start work on the next quarter.
The aspiring workers will initially sign a Letter of Intent, then a final Agreement at the beginning of the works.
• Bug fixing on existing codebases
• Performance testing on existing codebases
• Producing documentation
• Completing Agile tickets
• Enhancing existing tooling
• Contributing to design discussions
• Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithmic complexity, etc)
• Experience in strongly-typed languages (C/C++, Golang)
• Interested in Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS, the cryptocurrency space
• Self-learner but not afraid to ask for help when they need to.
• Comfortable working in a self-organizing team.
• Comfortable communicating in verbal and written format.
• Understanding of cryptography
• Attends Blockchain related meetups
• Writes Open Source code for personal projects.
We believe in diversity of background and thought, and work hard to cultivate a place where everyone is valued and empowered.
If you are up for a great challenge and get excited about developing the next frontier of technologies apply now!