- Upload Your CV
- Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
For any enquiries on this job please contact the job poster
$110k - $145k
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
As a Senior Back End Engineer you will lead development on new features and technical improvements for our products. You should be able to define technical design and implement work independently. You should have prior experience architecting systems. Bestow software engineers are great teammates. You are willing to collaborate with other software engineers, product managers and designers. You are someone that strives to build a premier engineering organization.
Challenges on Which You Can Expect to Work:
A Little About You:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
€50k - €90k
We’re a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we’re only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Care Platform Team @Heetch
We are a new team with the mission to rebuild the entire customer support infrastructure to help our Customer Care team deliver exceptional customer experiences faster and better while continuously improving the whole experience - for both passengers and drivers.
Have a look at our stack for a deeper overview: https://stackshare.io/heetch/engineering
Our team’s values
Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our ‘Speak up’ culture is strong.
Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Brussels or Casablanca. Flexible work schedules are part of the plan.
Learn from failures: It’s ok to fail, learn from it and try again.
Experiment things: Being free is part of our DNA, we can try things as long as it brings value.
Code quality: Tests are as important as code is.
Caring is sharing: We believe in continuous learning and want you to be proud of what you’ve learned/built. Sharing is a natural part of the process.
What will be your role?
You will help us build internal products and native mobile app features that enable Heetch to provide a world-class support experience. How about joining us to build the foundation of a Data Science feature such as Sentiment Analysis in a whole new Care platform?
Does it sound like you?
You have a solid experience in software development.
You can easily work with Golang or Ruby in production.
You have solid experience with APIs whatever the protocol (HTTP, gRPC).
If you’ve already been part of a Customer Support team before, we would already be a great match.
If automation is one of your passions, it’s another bonus point.
What will you do?
• Build, test, deploy and monitor the services you’ll work on
• Work on different parts of the system in Ruby and Golang (one service is in Elixir though)
• Build, test, ship and monitor features on top of third-party services such as Zendesk, Aircall Mandrill or Miuros
• Be an important part of the exit from a modular monolithic application to a microservices family
• Collaborate closely with our Care experts and Product Manager
• Write documentation and runbooks (Being a #RemoteFirst company, this is part of our DNA)
What will be your challenges?
• Create a new Golang microservice handling webhooks that push notifications to mobile apps
• Replace our search queries from PostgreSQL to an ElasticSearch cluster
• Add a new consumer/producer on top of our Kafka/RabbitMQ message queues from our mobile apps
• Advocate the other teams about how we use wrappers on top of Echo framework in order to align metrics company wise
• Upgrade some modular monolithic services in Ruby to a fresher version