- Upload Your CV
- Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
For any enquiries on this job please contact the job poster
$90k - $150k
Like building services and RESTful APIs? We use Go to make our Balloon engine…go. We also use MongoDB, Redis, Docker, and we put it all on AWS. You have experience building scalable services for a production environment. You love to build, create, teach, and learn.
We are a pre-Series A startup and building out the core engineering team. Experience building services for production environments is required and early stage startup experience is strongly preferred. You should be:
Compensation includes competitive startup salary and equity, and benefits including health, vision, and dental.
€60k - €95k
Headquartered in London, the FinTech capital of the world, Form3 are building the most exciting payments technology company on the planet. Our mission is simple: transform payments technology to enable the global financial community to move money in real-time.
Being a tech-first business, we place emphasis on thinking outside-the-box. By utilising the latest cloud-native technologies we find innovative solutions to problems that others would deem unsolvable. We live and breathe open-source, prioritise best-practice and automation while Slack is at the heart of everything we do.
We advocate a positive work-life balance and offer a super flexible, remote-friendly working environment. We don’t mind whereabouts our Engineers are based as we are happy for our team to work from anywhere in the UK or EU, with most of them choosing to work remotely most of the time. However, we also have offices in London and Amsterdam, so should they ever wish to work from these, they are most welcome.
Our Engineering Team consists of over forty Senior Engineers that are responsible for the end-to-end ownership of our platform, from architecture through to infrastructure. Individually they are all exceptional at what they do, but by working collaboratively within a team, consistently applying best-practice and automating absolutely everything they build world-class software for our customers.
There are a wide range of problems to tackle as an Engineer at Form3, from configuring nginx proxies to writing custom payment routing and handling logic. It’s very much a “best tool for the job” mentality here and our tech-stack is forever evolving. Our primary programming language is Go however we do have some services written using Java, Python and Ruby.
AWS, Microservices, Go, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Vault, Consul, Linkerd, Elasticsearch, Clean Code, TDD, BDD, Pair Programming, Agile, Kanban, Scrum
Whilst experience of the above technologies and methodologies would be nice, it is by no means essential. We are looking to speak with Senior Engineers that;
• Understand distributed systems and cloud computing • Appreciate the DevOps culture and the value of automation • Place emphasis on code quality and software development best-practice • Are passionate about technology and enjoy working collaboratively within a team • Have a breadth of experience across a variety of programming languages
For more information on Form3 please visit our website or take a look at our company profiles on StackOverflow, GitHub and LinkedIn.
• 100% remote working • 30 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) • Great tech-stack, challenging projects and an exceptional team of Senior Engineers to work alongside • Regular paid trips to London to spend time with our awesome team • Tech-first FinTech scale-up with limitless possibilities to progress your career
€50k - €90k
We’re a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we’re only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Care Platform Team @Heetch
We are a new team with the mission to rebuild the entire customer support infrastructure to help our Customer Care team deliver exceptional customer experiences faster and better while continuously improving the whole experience - for both passengers and drivers.
Have a look at our stack for a deeper overview: https://stackshare.io/heetch/engineering
Our team’s values
Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our ‘Speak up’ culture is strong.
Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Brussels or Casablanca. Flexible work schedules are part of the plan.
Learn from failures: It’s ok to fail, learn from it and try again.
Experiment things: Being free is part of our DNA, we can try things as long as it brings value.
Code quality: Tests are as important as code is.
Caring is sharing: We believe in continuous learning and want you to be proud of what you’ve learned/built. Sharing is a natural part of the process.
What will be your role?
You will help us build internal products and native mobile app features that enable Heetch to provide a world-class support experience. How about joining us to build the foundation of a Data Science feature such as Sentiment Analysis in a whole new Care platform?
Does it sound like you?
You have a solid experience in software development.
You can easily work with Golang or Ruby in production.
You have solid experience with APIs whatever the protocol (HTTP, gRPC).
If you’ve already been part of a Customer Support team before, we would already be a great match.
If automation is one of your passions, it’s another bonus point.
What will you do?
• Build, test, deploy and monitor the services you’ll work on
• Work on different parts of the system in Ruby and Golang (one service is in Elixir though)
• Build, test, ship and monitor features on top of third-party services such as Zendesk, Aircall Mandrill or Miuros
• Be an important part of the exit from a modular monolithic application to a microservices family
• Collaborate closely with our Care experts and Product Manager
• Write documentation and runbooks (Being a #RemoteFirst company, this is part of our DNA)
What will be your challenges?
• Create a new Golang microservice handling webhooks that push notifications to mobile apps
• Replace our search queries from PostgreSQL to an ElasticSearch cluster
• Add a new consumer/producer on top of our Kafka/RabbitMQ message queues from our mobile apps
• Advocate the other teams about how we use wrappers on top of Echo framework in order to align metrics company wise
• Upgrade some modular monolithic services in Ruby to a fresher version