Senior Backend Engineer at Tutti - Zurich, Switzerland
Salary Fr108,000 to Fr126,000 a year
Company Website https://tutti.ch
Published August 2019
Applicants This Week 7
Launched in 2010, tutti.ch is an online classifieds site for buying and selling pretty much anything in Switzerland. It was launched by the Norwegian media house Schibsted, and acquired by Swiss media group Tamedia in July 2015. With more than 13 million visits and over 240 million page impressions each month tutti.ch is one of the the largest, most exciting and fastest growing online businesses in Switzerland.
How we work
- We work in agile cross functional product teams. Small teams, big impact
- We are nice people. We write documentation, perform code reviews and write tests
- We are fans of service oriented architecture and asynchronous message passing to decouple systems
- We search in Elastic and store our data mainly in Postgres
- We celebrate ownership and responsibility
- We have legacy monsters in our dungeon for you to slay, written in C these beasts will test your skills and bravery
What we need from you
- A positive attitude and burning passion for your job, just like the rest of the team
- An eagerness to give and receive feedback. You are hard on ideas, soft on people
- An agile mindset. Either you bring it or it will be forcefully injected it into your DNA
- A love for simple solutions instead of delusions of grandeur
- Extensive experience building backends for web and app based products
- Knowledge of Go or a diverse background that allows you to learn it quickly
- Strong software engineering skills and broad understanding of architecture and the implications of technical decisions
- A deep understanding of databases and SQL
- An openness to touch backend as well as frontend code with a smile if the need arises
- Fluent English skills to collaborate with your co-workers
What would be nice to have
- An interest in search, knowledge of elastic or solr is very welcome
- An understanding of message queues like kafka, kinesis, sqs, sns
- Experience with Postgres
- Familiarity with AWS and the various services it offers
- Some frontend / fullstack experience
What you can expect from us
A Strong learning and coaching culture, we are not scared of investing in our people. You will get a personal budget for visiting conferences or getting extra training, and we will also provide you with a shiny MacBook Pro, Win or Linux notebook (private usage allowed) and a nice wide screen.
We offer a competitive salary, a great office in the heart of Zurich, free flow of fresh fruit and snacks, a work from anywhere policy and numerous other benefits. You’ll have more than 40 co-workers of 12 different nationalities who’ve got brains, looks and infamous Nerf gun skills.
Last but not least, you’ll have the chance to work on one of the largest and fastest-growing online ventures in Switzerland, which truly makes a difference in many Swiss people’s lives.
If you’re interested to apply please send your CV in English, and a short cover letter explaining why you think you’re the right fit for this position.
We do not accept unsolicited CVs from Third Party Agencies.