Senior Go Software Engineer at Paddle - London, United KingdomSalary
£57K - £63K• Company Website http://paddle.com/
We are looking for collaborative Go Engineers to come and help define the future of Paddle’s licensing product.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you’ll help build the next generation of Paddle’s licensing services in Go, working alongside a brand new team. A great chance for you to make your mark on our products!
We already have a licensing service, which we’re looking to replace with something bigger and better, taking a serverless-first and DevOps approach, with single responsibility services wherever possible. If you’re looking for someone to release your code for you at Paddle, you won’t find them.
What you’ll do
- You’ll design and build Go microservices in AWS Lambda which are scalable, secure and stable.
- You’ll help to push forward our Serverless approach, iterating quickly and learning fast.
- You’ll work closely with our SDK team to ensure their requirements are taken into account, keeping our sellers and buyers front of mind.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You have production experience with Golang, preferably hosted in AWS Lambda.
- You have competent commercial experience developing applications or other software platforms.
- You have a strong understanding of the development process from design through to deployment and maintenance and what that means for day-to-day development.
- You prefer working in a CI/CD environment.
Things you’ll learn on the job
- AWS suite - SQS, EC2, ECS+ECR, CloudFormation, S3, RDS, Lambda
- UNIX system skills
- Docker containers and micro-service architecture
- Using a queueing pattern for removing slower tasks from a web request
Why you’ll love working at Paddle
We are a diverse team of 100 people (quickly on our way to 180+) based near London Bridge. We care deeply about enabling a great culture which is inclusive no matter your background. We celebrate our diverse group of talented employees and we pride ourselves on our transparent, collaborative, friendly and respectful culture.
We offer a full slate of (constantly evolving) benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, pension plans, flexible working, generous holidays and parental leaves. Plus we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, which can include anything from joining office football team, taking up the in-office yoga lessons or enjoying a board game night. We host regular company get-togethers and quarterly socials. We have weekly catered lunches and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. We value learning and will help you with your personal development where we can — from constant exposure to new challenges to regular internal and external training.