Our mission is to help software teams get more done. Over the past decade there has been an explosion of specialized tooling in the enterprise. It’s putting the burden on each of us to jump between different apps and tabs to get our work done and at the end of the day we’re wasting valuable time. We believe there is a better way. Our ambition is bold: build the best platform for software teams to get their work done.
We’re just getting started and are looking to grow the team to help us accomplish our mission. We love what we do and are motivated by working on a product that we enjoy using ourselves. You would have an immediate impact as a builder and user influencing product. You would join the early team as a founding engineer and have full ownership working closely with our founders. Come join us!
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for a full-time backend engineer. Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience building event driven micro-services or service oriented architectures and has built most facets, if not all, in a twelve-factor app. Preference is for real experience (2+ years) in our primary language of Golang, but other languages are considered when able to quickly pick up new technologies. Additional experience in integrating with 3rd party systems, event-driven architecture, databases, and cloud services (AWS, GCP, etc) are important.
You will directly influence how and what to build, and must be comfortable collaborating on the architecture, code, product, etc as we have a strong culture of devops as well as being technically curious, thoughtful and purposeful in what we build. We value deploying frequently with well-written, maintainable, instrumented and tested code to a kubernetes cluster.
* Develop new products and features in a small team
* Collaboration with the team to solve technical problems and help shape the product direction
* Provide technical input and knowledge to the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features
* Review other software engineers' code for correctness, style, and completeness
* Support your team's production software by responding to an occasional alert or bug report
* Write integration tests and work with our product team to ensure the operation and correctness of new features
* 5+ years of backend engineering in a distributed systems
* 2+ years in Golang or 5+ using several languages you were able to quickly pick up
* Strong knowledge of a variety of database systems (Graph, relational etc.)
* Experience working with 3rd party APIs and OAuth
* Comfortable with strong dev ops culture
* Strong communication skills in English and experience working as part of a remote team
* Need to be located in timezones UTC-4 through UTC-8 (The Americas)
* Excited to travel internationally for company retreats (twice a year)
* Favorite Ted Lasso quote
Who Are We?
We love what we do: designing and building great products. But our work isn't the only thing that defines us. We're not trying to create some semi-cult to get people to work here. We simply enjoy working together and building useful and beautiful software for our customers. We’re a venture-backed, pre-launch startup and are looking for someone who is excited about this stage of building a product and having a real impact on the company’s success.
You would join a group of repeat founders. We have founded and worked at startups that raised a bunch of money from top VCs. While that has its advantages (hire lots of amazing people, spend money on ads and cool perks…) it also puts a company on a very narrow success path. It's very binary, since venture investors have a binary return profile (they succeed if their investments sell for billions). So we decided to do it a little differently this time. Where growth isn't the only goal of a company. Where it's balanced with the goal of being default-alive and capital-efficient which leaves doors open and avoids the trap of forced binary outcomes.