Lead Backend Engineer at Wellthon - Canada / USA / Remote
$90k - $100k • Company Website https://wellthon.com
Wellthon empowers people to live their best life with active-aging personal training in their living room. We’re building a video exercise program for people with Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, heart disease, and for older adults who want to excel at their activities of daily living.
Think Peloton for Baby Boomers and the Silent Generation.
Wellthon has partnered with and been financially backed by one of the nation’s leading healthcare systems, OhioHealth.
Why work for Wellthon?
Work 100% remotely
We’re a fully distributed team. Say good-bye to a daily commute, missing your family’s events, and being stuck living in a place with astronomical housing costs.
Meaningful equity compensation
It’s early. You’ll be shaping the brand, product, and customer experience, so you deserve to have real ownership in the company.
We’re building something that will improve the quality of life of millions of people. Think about your parents, grandparents, and older family members. You’ll be helping them maintain independence as they age, alleviate pain, avoid medication, reduce the risk of disease, and delay disease.
- You could work for any major tech company, but you have a conviction to build something that matters
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Great communication skills, high EQ, and the ability to work with a distributed team
- Work within an Agile team to develop backend applications
- Design, implement, test and maintain the backend environments for our application.
- Integrate our backend with 3rd parties services, or bridging such services together.
- Collaborate with frontend developers to define proper APIs
- Educate yourself and others, continuing to growing skill set, and exploring and evangelizing new technologies where appropriate.
- Contribute towards improving the stability of our systems through best practices (code reviews, process improvements, incident resolution, etc.).
Required Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of backend development experience building consumer facing software at scale
- Experience building backends with Go, and all the modern tooling that it requires (or really excited to learn it all)
- Comfortable managing production environments.
- A passion for great UX, attention to detail, and an empathy for the customer experience.
- A high bar for code quality, and an interest in building toolchains that make building, testing, and releasing application code as efficient as possible.
- Experience writing unit, integration, and functional tests, specifically for backend apps
- Comfortable working in an agile, yet pragmatic startup environment where quality / user experience is not a tradeoff when building and releasing software.
- Bonus points for experience with video, health, fitness, SAAS
If you join us, you’ll get:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options – shared success is core to our mission
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental benefits
- A family-friendly work environment
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- Flexible schedule and freedom to work from wherever you please
- Sense of purpose and satisfaction when you start to receive emails from the people whose lives you’re changing.
Send us a note or cover letter with what excites you about Wellthon along with your resume.