Senior Backend Engineer at Verivest - Portland, Oregon, United States / Remote (United States)
Salary $90,000 to $180,000 a year
Company Website https://verivest.com
Published July 2022
Applicants This Week 4
Verivest is a tech-enabled real estate investment services platform built upon a mission to bring transparency and accountability to the middle market to increase the speed of trust creation between real estate sponsors and investors. Our platform provides a sponsor directory connecting accredited investors with real estate sponsors across the country, as well as a range of integrated end-to-end back-office services, including track record verification, active investment financial monitoring, fund and syndication administration, investor servicing, investor portal technology, tax return and K-1 preparation, and more. Verivest’s strict focus on the middle market real estate private investment industry, expertise in the esoteric parts of the business that many real estate entrepreneurs do not understand well or like doing, and third-party objectivity combines to bring genuine value to both sides of this dual sided market.
- Collaboration: We win together.
- Grit: We are persistent and consistent, driven by a passion for what we do.
- Trust: We are driven to understand and solve our clients’ issues.
- Continuous Improvement: We are always learning and always evolving.
- Get It: We exist to understand the complex and simplify it for our clients.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Backend to support our rapidly growing organization. In this role, you will collaborate closely with data analysts, frontend engineers and cross-functional partners across our product, design, and quality assurance teams to contribute to and build out our strategic initiatives.
Your role is to collaborate with the team to deliver on these objectives and contribute to evolving our platform's infrastructure to meet expanding scope and scale. Specifically, you will:
- Contribute to large, complex projects in a team, providing technical reviews and execution
- Participate in project kick offs and translate projects requirements into technical specifications for implementation
- Define new and expand existing data models, including database schema and object models in the data access layer
- Implement any required business logic in the service layer
- Implement enhancements to our asynchronous task worker infrastructure
- Define and implement API endpoints, collaborating with front end engineers
- Write integration and unit tests for your code and perform code reviews for colleagues
- Provide technical support for stakeholder groups such as customer success
- Participate in monitoring, diagnosing, and addressing production issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of professional software development experience. 6+ years preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of professional experience working with Golang
- Experience with SQL database schema design and query optimization
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with blockchain and crypto a plus
- You must be flexible and adaptable—you will be operating in a fast-paced startup environment