Who We Are
mx51 is a specialist white-label bank-focused payment technology provider, emerging out of leading payment technology provider Assembly Payments. As the first Australian fintech to develop a bank-grade, modern, Payment as a Service platform, mx51’s deep knowledge of merchant acquiring and scalable payments technology helps banks thrive in a disruptive world. At mx51, we are merchant experience obsessed and we're embarking on a global mission to bring innovative, reliable, merchant focused payment solutions to our customers.
Having established a successful partnership with Westpac in Australia, mx51’s unique capabilities and proven bank-grade technology is well-positioned to partner with overseas banks. In addition, mx51 was recently accepted into Mastercard’s Start Path program, an accelerator program for late-stage startups with a readiness to scale. As part of the program, mx51 will have a gateway to operational support, technology expertise, commercial engagement with Mastercard’s global ecosystem and opportunities to expand globally.
About the Role
- Develop, design and review features in high-throughput fault-tolerant microservices for an IoT-style real-time monitoring system used by thousands of payment terminals
- Collaborate with your fellow highly-skilled engineers and testers in a fast-paced agile environment
- Review your colleagues’ code and have yours reviewed by them, to keep the quality of our code as high as possible
- Work closely with DevOps engineers to deploy your code in a scalable way using Docker and Kubernetes (EKS)
- Work with the delivery and product team to deliver customer value at every iteration
We’re looking for the following experience
- Proven experience developing high-traffic web applications and/or distributed services
- Experience using Go in a commercial or open source project
- Solid background in other programming languages such as Java, Kotlin, Python or Ruby
- Knowing your way around database integration (RDBMS and NoSQL, Postgres preferred)
- Experience with writing useful tests for your code
- Must have experience developing REST or gRPC APIs; ideally, those consumed by third parties
- Must be experienced in deploying applications to AWS, GCP, Azure or similar
- Tertiary education in computer science (or related) highly regarded
It would be nice if you had the following
- General payment industry experience
What we offer
- A company culture with an innovative mindset, where your ideas have the potential to create change
- A fun and flexible work environment
- A competitive salary package
- Employee Share Option Plan (subject to invitation)
- Employee referral bonuses
- The ability to Salary Sacrifice eligible purchases
- Paid parental leave for new parents to help you transition
You will be joining our awesome Sydney-based team who are committed to mx51’s values of customer focus, adaptability, curiosity, ownership, trust and respect.
mx51 is an equal opportunity employer that’s committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this role without bias to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Due to Covid-19, we have embraced remote working, which will continue. However, our staff do have opt-in choices to attend our Sydney office during the week.
Must have permanent working rights in Australia (Australian citizen, NZ citizen or Australian Permanent Resident)
⎘ Copy Link
↗ Visit Link
- Submit your resume (and cover letter if you like)
- If you have source code of a project that you have written, which showcases your skills, and you have permission to share, please include a link to this in your submission. Should you proceed to the next stage, we will use this as a reference during a technical interview. (All rights to submitted code will remain with the original author according to any license included or author request). If you dont have something you can share, no problem, we have a small exercise that you can work on to demonstrate your skills.
- We will review your application against others we receive and get back to you with next steps.