Back End Developer Go (Golang) at Third Light - Cambridge, United Kingdom / Remote
Salary £40,000 to £55,000 a year
Company Website https://www.thirdlight.com
Published: June 2019
Third Light is hiring a back-end developer, either a seasoned Go developer or a back-end developer looking to cross-train to Go.
You may work remotely as your full-time arrangement, joining a team that already includes remote workers.
This is about delivering sophisticated new product features for release to our state-of-the-art software service that helps companies manage and share their digital media files easily – features that will have immediate positive impact for our global user base.
We’re a small and expanding software development team, building an enterprise application with a highly-polished UI, using the very best and latest techniques. We employ an iterative, design-led process where everyone on the team gets a say. We’re agile and manage our work using a gentle Kanban process with daily stand-ups and we encourage a lightweight, productive approach to development.
Your opinion and expertise will be valued from day one.
Upcoming projects within the team
- Create a metrics & reporting system to track usage of features, document downloads and image views
- Implement a full SFTP client & server interface to integrate with SLR Cameras and legacy systems
- Extend workflow and automation microservices to create intuitive automated channel publishing tools
- Implement a scripting layer, API proxy and key-value storage engine for template-publishing tool
- Create a chat server that provides in-app chat while integrating with external chat systems (e.g. Slack)
- Automate orchestration of microservices in our product e.g. exploring Kubernetes
- < your idea here! >
We’re looking for
- Someone who’s positive about Go and wishes to learn and embrace this exciting language
- Proven back end coding skills, in a Linux environment e.g. any of; Go, Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Erlang, Haskell, Ruby
- An enthusiasm for continuous unit and integration testing
- Skills designing, building, testing and maintaining web services, ideally microservices
- Ability to maintain and support a large, live, production codebase
- Familiarity with relational databases e.g. MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment preferably within a Git-based workflow
- Optionally, familiarity with porting an OO monolith to a microservice architecture and/or OO PHP
- Someone considering mid level back-end Developer jobs such as: Go Developer | Go Microservices Developer | Golang Developer | Java Developer | Node.js Developer | PHP Developer | Python Developer etc.
You may bring - or like to gain - skills exploring any of the following
- Containers, containers as services and automated container deployment
- Large-scale storage, manipulation and streaming of multimedia
- Machine intelligence, visual recognition or similar numerical computation
- Production experience in systems configuration, monitoring, logging, and metrics gathering
Our current technology mix - we’ll help you get up to speed