Back End Developer at Payment Rails - Montreal, CanadaSalary
$60k – $85k
Back End Engineer (web developer)
Payment Rails is an exciting new API first, Fintech startup that will have a global impact on global payments. Our mission is to simplify payouts for online marketplaces, app stores, share economy, crowdfunding platforms, and companies with mass payout needs.
As an engineer at Payment Rails, you should love building simple solutions to solve customer problems. Designing systems in an agile environment to withstand growth and owning quality from end to end is a rewarding challenge and one of the reasons Payment Rails is such an exciting place to work!
In addition, you will:
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other engineers, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers.
Our Tech Stack:
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience building scalable backend APIs using Python, Node.js, or Golang
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and attention to detail
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design document
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science