Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
Backend Developer (Go) at Horizon Blockchain Games - Toronto, Canada
Salary C$200,000 to C$250,000 a year Company Websitehttps://www.horizon.io Published October 2023 Applicants This Week 3
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Sequence, which consists of i) the first user-friendly smart wallet for crypto, NFTs, Web3 + the metaverse, and ii) a developer platform to make building Web3 applications easy on Ethereum and other EVM chains.
And Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players can win, own, trade and sell their NFT game items.
Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. And, Skyweaver is a groundbreaking video game with an unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And, we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world (Reddit co-founder, Coinbase, Initialized, and more), an amazing team of leaders in the blockchain space, engineers who have built widely popular open source, a former top McKinsey strategy consultant, gaming industry veterans, and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all. Learn more at https://horizon.io/
About the Role
We're looking for someone with experience architecting, writing, testing and shipping production-quality code in Go, with a background in Ethereum development. You are rigourous and have a refined eye for simple arhitecture and clean code, and you are able to balance tradeoffs inherent in all design decisions.
You enjoy building scalable, fault-tolerant systems. You understand the meaning of value and delivering products that achieve business outcomes while laying the foundation of great tech that affects our entire org, and is impactful. This matters to you.
As a senior engineer, you have a deep understanding of designing robust, well-designed code with thoughtful architecture. You can drive and self-direct major areas of our stack. While not a strict requirement, you are comfortable working with and guiding more intermediate and junior engineers when needed.
Given our size, self-driven, and open-minded engineers will thrive best in this role. While small, you'll be working alongside some of the best engineers, and open-source contributors—and a company dedicated to your success. You will learn a lot.
-Architect, develop, and implement the infrastructure, and infrastructure stack of Skyweaver and Sequence
-Design and implement services that are scalable, and fault-tolerant
-Build services that interface with the Ethereum blockchain
-Contribute to open source works in the Sequence stack
-Extend and evolve our toolchain, to run our stack effectively
-Design architectural foundations that are robust and sound, so that future engineers can build on your work with ease and speed
-5+ years shipping production-grade code in Go
-Experience and knowledge of the Ethereum blockchain, its tooling and ecosystem
-Knowledge of distributed systems design
-Experience with data systems, both in their design and practical use
-Experience with one of the major cloud providers, AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
-Growth mindset. You love to learn, and actively search out new material and technologies
· A chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
· Competitive salary and equity package
· Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
· Be part of defining Web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
· Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
· Work life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
· New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
· Health, vision and dental benefits for Canadian employees
· We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
· We invest in everyone’s personal development and subsidize courses, books, and conferences, so you never stop learning
· Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
· Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we're building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.