Backend Developer at LANXESS - Cologne, GermanySalary
€45k - €80k• Company Website http://lanxess.com/
You’ll be joining the team developing the web marketplace backend. We create the business logic both for the customer-facing frontend and for the “back-office” of the product. We work on all layers of the system from the database models to public APIs. An intrinsic part of your responsibilities would be helping us to make the right decisions since we strongly believe in team collaborative expertise, and eventually realizing and orchestrating these decisions throughout the complete product funnel.
Who are you
- You are a seasoned backend engineer with at least 3 years of experience in software development (internships excluded), preferably confident with Python stack.
- You have a startup mentality and have already worked in a startup-like environment before. You are able to work in a fast-paced mode using the iterative approach towards product development.
- You like to look out of the box and to learn latest trends and best practices also outside of backend area in order to broaden your horizons and provide a better understanding of the engineering ecosystem.
- You feel comfortable interacting with colleagues from other teams on a daily basis.
- Languages: English (fluent), German (a plus)
Why work with us
- You will have an opportunity to be at the frontline of an innovation in the industry that had almost experienced none through last decade.
- You will work on modern tech stacks, and within a cross-functional group of developers, data scientists, and product people.
- A friendly working environment located in the heart of Cologne and an ambitious team of individuals with unique backgrounds and expertise.
- We have an open door work culture where ideas and initiatives are encouraged and appreciated.
- We offer a unique combination of a startup flexibility with a stability of a corporate investor.
- We offer a competitive salary.