Backend Developer at Yoti - London, United KingdomSalary
£50k - £70k
Someone who understands that “what you build” is just as important as “how you build it”. Someone who wants to do more than just code. We want dreamers, creators, someone who likes to discuss ideas and push the boundaries of technology.
Who we are
Yoti is a global company whose aim is to be the world’s trusted identity system. We have seriously ambitious goals to become the world’s most secure and data sensitive company. Our passionate team works to improve the way people share their personal information. Innovative products like the Yoti mobile app help people to prove who they are online and in person.
We are creating a new concept. Something that has never been done before, Why not be part of something truly innovative and creative. Yoti is here to fight against fraud and build a secure identity system for individuals and businesses. We are a company who are pushing the boundaries of technology for a safer world.
Yoti is changing the way people prove their identity. Our products are built from the ground up to respect customers’ privacy and put you in control. We will never sell on customer data - we couldn’t even if we wanted to. Designing products that are simple to use and easy to understand in the world of privacy, security and personal data is a tough challenge.
More about this Team and Project
The SDK team produces the open source tools that allow developers to integrate with the Yoti technology. We are the ones who really define the Yoti integration experience and we support 7 popular languages (Node, Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, C# and Go) plus 4 CMS plugins (Drupal 7, Drupal 8, Wordpress and Joomla).
As a Polyglot Developer, you will participate to the technical design and implementation of the new SDK features and you will make sure that our examples projects are always working and easy to understand.
You will also work closely with designers and product managers to make sure that our documentation is understandable and up to date. You will be able to have an impact from day one, but we also care about you and invest in your learning.
- 2 or more of our supported languages (at least 3 years of experience with one of them).
- API concepts.
- Continuous integration/delivery.
- Relational databases.
- Dependency management systems, ideally with package release experience.
It would be great if you have some experience in the following:
We don’t want people to stagnate, we don’t want people to just “get by”, we offer a magnitude of tools so you continue to learn, challenge yourself, evolve as a techie and keep you constantly engaged. We even have a Yoti Labs for the people who like to play with new tools, experiment and want to build something out of this world!
Yoti in the news
- Yoti Blog - Here
- Company Valuation - Here
- Telegraph News Article - Here
- Where can I use Yoti? - Here
- Have a read through our SDK - Here
- Our Github account for more code info - Here
We are based in Central London, by Bank, 5 minutes walk away from London Bridge and Liverpool Street Stations. We are surrounded by a bunch of restaurants, enough to try a new lunch menu every day for a good few months!
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with a company doing crazy-complex projects, in a fun and exciting environment, where creativity is rewarded! You will also be working on something which millions of people could well be using daily! This kind of opportunity does not come round often so what are you waiting for, apply today and build something amazing tomorrow!
If your application is successful please be aware that as part of our pre-employment checks:
- We will check your details against fraud prevention databases
- We will check identity; address match; PEPs and sanctions; bank validation, verification, fraud checks, negative data (CCJ, bankruptcy)
- If our investigations identify fraud or other criminal offences both when applying for a job and during your employment, we will record the details on the relevant fraud prevention databases. This information may be accessed from the UK and other countries and used by law enforcement agencies and other organisations to prevent fraud.
- Please contact HR@Yoti.com to get information on which fraud prevention databases we use.
If we consider that you might be suitable for other roles in the future, we will keep your details so we can contact you about these other roles. If you do not want us to keep your details for this purpose, please e-mail HR@yoti.com or let us know at any stage of the recruitment process. For more information please read our applicant privacy notice