Backend Engineer at iflix - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
$30k - $70k • Company Website https://www.iflix.com
iflix is the leading media service for emerging markets. With presence in over 44 countries across Asia, Middle East, and Africa, Iflix is revolutionizing online entertainment offering thousands of hours of the best movies and TV shows from around the world for a single low monthly subscription.
We are rapidly expanding our amazing and passionate technology team and are looking for an out-of-this world Software Engineer, to contribute to the building of what will soon be the most engaging, and widely used entertainment platform on planet Earth.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for producing and implementing functional software solutions. You will work in an Agile team to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and iflix business goals.
- Solve technical problems and pair programming with the team.
- Create new features to engage iflix users while working with product, content & data scientists teams.
- Work on a wide range of challenges from scaling our services for an even more personalised iflix, to improving content discovery, to building tools to optimise our content curation; even applying machine learning to improve our recommendations.
- Contribute to finding solutions to business problems, brainstorm ideas and work on cutting edge technologies to achieve the best possible results.
- Continuously delivering and releasing new MVP features employing A/B tests to validate and fine tune assumptions.
- Construct applications that are scalable, robust and that perform well using AWS services & other technologies.
- BS Degree or MS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Intermediate-level experience using Node.JS, Java, Go and/or .NET.
- Experience with HTTP and server-side technologies (web servers, databases).
- Exposure to Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform).
- Ability to prioritize, communicate & have a consistent track record of delivery.
- Autonomous while able to work in small teams.
- Ability to learn fast, and a passion for learning is absolutely essential.
- Comfortable working in English both written and spoken.