Backend Engineer (m/f/d) at Personio - Munich, Germany
Salary €50,000 to €75,000 a year
Company Website https://www.personio.com
Published: March 2019
Join our team as a Backend Engineer and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team (“You build it, you run it”), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
- Experience in microservice architecture (from design to deployment and monitoring in production). You have a good understanding of message queues and asynchronous messaging.
- Interest in DevOps and automation (CI/CD), not shy to reach out for terminal. You are willing to build software with “You build it, you run it” mantra.
- Production experience with Docker. Ideally, you also have experience with container orchestration solutions (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Strong OO design skills and willingness to work with PHP, Golang and Kotlin.
- Experience with automated testing. Knowledge of when and what to test.
- Proactive problem solver. You leave code and processes in a better shape than when you first encountered them.
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer.
- Interest and passion to learn and experiment with new technologies.
- Strong written and spoken English (level B2/C1 on a CEFR scale).
- Willing to relocate - position onsite-only in Munich.
- Play an important role in shaping our rapidly expanding company on its way to build the European category leader
- Creative working environment with international colleagues and fast decision-making
- 1,500 Euro development budget, which you can use as you wish
- Regular team events, e.g. raft trips on the Isar, ski trips, visits to the Oktoberfest and much more.
- Stylish office in the heart of Munich
- Lightning-fast electric scooter of your choice as a “company car” (www.unumotors.com) or additional payment for MVV ticket
- Subsidized Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros a month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich.
- Relocation support and 26 paid vacation days and 3 days of home office per month