Backend Engineer at Senseye - Remote (United Kingdom)
Salary £30,000 to £60,000 a year
Company Website https://www.senseye.io
Published: October 2020
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Backend Engineer.
Senseye PdM is a leading cloud-based Predictive Maintenance solution. It allows maintenance teams to reduce unplanned downtime and increase maintenance efficiencies. Senseye PdM uses machine learning to automatically forecast machine failure and remaining useful life. It is driven by Industry 4.0 / the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Senseye is an exciting and rapidly expanding start up in the field of condition monitoring and prognostics. We are developing a cutting-edge cloud product to provide scalable prognostics and advanced condition monitoring to the manufacturing sector. Our team of engineers consist of software engineers, data scientists, UI experts, physicists and mechanical engineers. Following successful investment funding and strong traction from large multi-national clients, we are looking to expand the engineering team.
We are seeking an ambitious and versatile Backend Engineer, who will be responsible for the design, implementation, testing and roll out of new features and services. You will be involved in collaborating with the rest of the team to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems.
- You have minimum of 2 years’ experience building complex applications with modern best practices (e.g. test-driven development, continuous delivery, code reviews.)
- You have extensive experience with the building blocks of scalable cloud systems: Linux, Containers and service-oriented architecture
- Deep knowledge of software engineering principles: object-oriented design, algorithmic complexity, software design patterns
- You write clean code, even when working on extremely hard problems under deadline pressure. You test everything
- You thrive working on the bleeding edge and can learn new technologies independently
- You enjoy working with other engineers, collaborating on architecture and technology decisions
- Passion for building high-performing systems
- Experience working as part of a team on a rapidly growing application and codebase. Comfortable in a culture of fast iteration
- Highly desirable: Golang development experience
- Predominantly Golang backend, with Python
- Mongo, Redis, Neo4j and InfluxDB data storage
- Service oriented architecture
- AWS, Azure
- Docker + ECS/Kubernetes
- Flexible working hours and remote working options available (Find out more from the team at Senseye here: https://info.senseye.io/blog/topic/remote-working )
- 25 days annual leave
- Start-up vibe – autonomy, trust and excellence
- Opportunity to work within an experienced and friendly team
- Hack Days
- Dedicated time to give back to the open source community
- As a fast-growing company, there are opportunities for an ambitious and driven individual to progress their career and make a difference to the future success of the business
Sound fun? Come on and have a chat with us…