Backend Golang Programmer at Aya Payments - Toronto, Canada
Salary $60,000 to $80,000 a year
Company Website https://ayapayments.com
Published: September 2020
Aya Payments is in the dynamic field of health and financial technology. The leadership team is comprised of positive and experienced members that value teamwork and accountability coupled with a steadfast desire to win. Personal integrity and mutual respect are key traits of our team! Continual strategic learning and clearly defined objectives makes Aya a rewarding place to develop your professional acuity.
As we aspire to secure the market of our business, we need to streamline the way our software interacts across our various journeys - including stakeholders, partners and beneficiaries. Digital is taking center stage in enabling this engagement.
If you are passionate about working in a culture that promotes growth and creativity while developing new products that engage and provide an enhanced customer experience - keep reading.
- Design and build scalable, performant real-time APIs to power the platform
- Integrate with data stores and third-party services
- Analyze complex problems and propose potential solutions
- Writing automated tests to help ensure application stability
- Provide input on technical design, services, architecture and product features
- Research, evaluate and analyze technical and design requirements
- Work cross-functionally with an agile team including Product, Development, and QA
- Participate in technical priority planning
- Collaborate with technical leads and product owners to gather and prioritize project requirements
- Apply your engineering and management skills through the full technical development lifecycle; including idea generation, requirements elicitation and definition, implementation and performance analysis.
- Proficient knowledge of Golang programming language
- Solid experience writing RESTful API endpoints
- Passion for user experience, performance, and uptime
- Knowledge of relational databases (MSSQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Ability to collaborate with product designers and frontend developers
- A love for learning and staying on top of the latest in web development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
Considered an Asset
- Ability to work with other programming languages
- Experience with AWS technologies - EC2, RDS, Redshift, Firehose, etc.
- Experience with unit testing and testing frameworks
- Experience deploying serverless in AWS
- Experience with Version Control (ie. Git, CodeCommit)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in data privacy and protection
- Experience in PCI-DSS
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- software engineering: 3 years (Required)