Backend Golang Programmer at Aya Payments - Toronto, Canada
$60k - $80k • Company Website https://ayapayments.com
Aya Payments is in the dynamic field of health and financial technology. The leadership team is comprised of positive and experienced members that value teamwork and accountability coupled with a steadfast desire to win. Personal integrity and mutual respect are key traits of our team! Continual strategic learning and clearly defined objectives makes Aya a rewarding place to develop your professional acuity.
As we aspire to secure the market of our business, we need to streamline the way our software interacts across our various journeys - including stakeholders, partners and beneficiaries. Digital is taking center stage in enabling this engagement.
If you are passionate about working in a culture that promotes growth and creativity while developing new products that engage and provide an enhanced customer experience - keep reading.
- Design and build scalable, performant real-time APIs to power the platform
- Integrate with data stores and third-party services
- Analyze complex problems and propose potential solutions
- Writing automated tests to help ensure application stability
- Provide input on technical design, services, architecture and product features
- Research, evaluate and analyze technical and design requirements
- Work cross-functionally with an agile team including Product, Development, and QA
- Participate in technical priority planning
- Collaborate with technical leads and product owners to gather and prioritize project requirements
- Apply your engineering and management skills through the full technical development lifecycle; including idea generation, requirements elicitation and definition, implementation and performance analysis.
- Proficient knowledge of Golang programming language
- Solid experience writing RESTful API endpoints
- Passion for user experience, performance, and uptime
- Knowledge of relational databases (MSSQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Redis, MongoDB, etc.)
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Ability to collaborate with product designers and frontend developers
- A love for learning and staying on top of the latest in web development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
Considered an Asset
- Ability to work with other programming languages
- Experience with AWS technologies - EC2, RDS, Redshift, Firehose, etc.
- Experience with unit testing and testing frameworks
- Experience deploying serverless in AWS
- Experience with Version Control (ie. Git, CodeCommit)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in data privacy and protection
- Experience in PCI-DSS
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- software engineering: 3 years (Required)