Backend Software Engineer at LYNK Global - Hong Kong
Salary $38,000 to $62,000 a year Company Websitehttps://lynk.global/ Published May 2023 Applicants This Week 1
BACKEND SOFTWARE ENGINEER
We are looking for an ambitious, growth-minded developer who loves coding, is ready to apply their skills to bring our web applications to market and contribute to the growth of our startup.
We have created an engineering culture where there is a high level of trust, autonomy and transparency.
We’re open to candidates with various levels of experience. From junior to very senior, come join us!
- LYNK is a VC-backed, product-driven startup working with leading institutional clients, top level experts and thought leaders globally
- We operate in a high-octane environment where our people think about the big picture and always strive to “make it happen”
- Our team, spread across four countries today (and growing!), is multinational, multilingual and multicultural. Our clients have likened us to a mini United Nations.
- You will be constantly challenged with new problems to solve every day.
- We are here to realize big dreams and have a firm belief in our core mission – to democratize access to knowledge.
What You’ll Do:
- Build user-friendly new features by writing well designed, testable and efficient code with superb quality to improve platform quality and stability
- Develop full-stack web applications with high availability, simplicity, maintainability and reusability
- Design and develop RESTful APIs with high scalability and availability
- Create and maintain high standard documentation for APIs and software
- Collaborate with product managers, UI/UX designers and UX researchers to define the product vision, review specs, make architecture decisions, create user-friendly designs and build new features for end-to-end product development
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Integrate test automation into workflows
- Implement code review and continuous integration from a bottom-up approach with other developers
What Expertise You’ll Add To The Team:
- 3+ years of experience with one of the following backend technologies: NodeJS, Python (Django), Golang, Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years of experience in developing RESTful APIs, NoSQL database development such as MongoDB, Redis, AWS, WebSockets, Git (GitHub), Jira and Confluence, reusable and simple Data Structure, microservices architecture, TDD/CI/CD with Jenkins Pipeline
- Experienced in modern browser technologies, e.g. WebSockets, Local Storage, Worker Threads, etc.
- Knowledgeable of how web applications work including security, session management
- Hands-on experienced with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Experience building high-load scalable systems
- Keen to learn devops experience (Linux, Docker, Nginx, Ansible, Databases, Queues)
- Experience working in an Agile or test-driven development environment
- Open source contributions desired
- Strong passion for business and enthusiastic about taking part in shaping LYNK’s growth
- Function well in a very fast-paced startup environment
- Track record of excelling in small teams
- Team players who thrive in uncertainty and like to “make things happen”!
Our Tech Environment:
AngularJS/React Single Page Application development, MVC-based web architecture, RESTful APIs programming, API design, HTML, CSS, large distributed system and highly scaled request handling services (e.g. microservices architecture), WebServices, Docker, Ansible, AWS, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
What We Commit To You
- Competitive remuneration package in a rapidly-expanding startup
- Work in a collaborative, co-creation hub in the heart of the city - with amazing facilities
- Comprehensive medical insurance coverage, including dental
- Generous leave policy, including a ‘work remote policy’
- The opportunity to travel and work around the globe with our international clients and growing number of offices (Hong Kong, Singapore, Mumbai, New York City)
- The opportunity to be a part of something impactful