Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
This job posting is no longer available
Blockchain Engineer (Protocol Level) at Swish - Toronto, Canada / San Francisco, United States / Remote
Salary $120,000 to $180,000 a year Company Websitehttp://swishlabs.com Published December 2023 Applicants This Week 2
Swish is a world-class development studio which teams have delivered products for Google, Microsoft, Kik, Nasdaq, Factset, and other major enterprises. The blockchain engineering team at Swish is looking for talented protocol level engineers to design and implement core protocol features (like sharding, multi-chain architecture, two-way pegs, zk-Starks, zk-Snarks, and state channels) for new blockchains. Our mission is to bring the promise of a decentralized blockchain-based future to reality for clients.
As a blockchain engineer, you will work on protocol level infrastructure for blockchains. We acknowledge that the blockchain space is in its infancy. Prior experience with blockchain development is required but we are flexible as to which paths you’ve taken to get it. You should have prior experience developing high quality server and blockchain architecture and be excited about doing that at a studio that is transforming the way companies run their businesses.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about being at the forefront of a new technological paradigm and can lead the design and development of scalable applications. A successful candidate will bring deep analytical ability, a security-first mindset, and the ability to deliver results within a fast-moving, agile environment.
We are also looking for:
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with measuring and improving server response times in different conditions and environments.
• Experience with unit and integration testing, continuous integration, and deployment workflows.
You should be motivated by a desire to solve the most important problems, obtain unprecedented results, and push your methods to their maximal performance.
• Write secure, well-documented, well-tested code
• Write code to interface with data stores, including databases (relational and non-relational) and a blockchain
• Design, implement and document clear and consistent APIs to be consumed by web and mobile clients
• Guide product decisions
• 1+ years experience with Golang or C++
• 4+ years of experience in a backend engineering role
• Experience with distributed systems
• Comfortable operating in dynamic environments
• Background in cryptography, networking, or distributed systems
• Familiarity with Cosmos / Tendermint
• Proficiency in React/Flux, Node, Drizzle, Truffle, cryptoeconomics, or protocol-level blockchain development
• Contribution to open source software
• Degree in STEM field, especially software engineering or computer science related.
• Experience in small startup environments helping large enterprises.
• Experience with a distributed team
Launched in February 2013,Swish is a fast-growing business with an innovative working culture and teams spanned across the world with teams in Toronto, San Francisco, Berlin, Auckland, Bruxelles, Medellin, and more.
We create products for successful business using cutting-edge technologies: Blockchain, Machine Learning, and Apps Dev. Working with Swish puts you in contact with prestigious brands, wherever your base is. We are a 100% remote-work company because we believe it is everyone’s choice to live and work the way they prefer.
Work is organized in sprints - 2 weeks periods to which, as a member of our talent community, you choose to commit. You always have the choice to accept or decline a sprint, or take-on multiple sprints simultaneously.
We let members choose what suits them best depending on their current situation: family, travel, studies, finance. We know life is not linear and we respect the humans behind the screens.
Our work ethic relies on six core values: Transparency, Directness, Meritocracy, Autonomy, Responsibility, Continuous Learning.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to our values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work.