Blockchain Engineer at Chorus One - Berlin, Germany / Remote
Salary $70,000 to $110,000 a year
Company Website https://chorus.one
Published: November 2018
Chorus One is close to releasing a validating node for the Cosmos network. We are actively searching for a Blockchain Engineer to build validating nodes for other decentralized networks. The work consists of reviewing codebases of other decentralized networks, designing a path forward to deploy validating nodes using our internal infrastructure and to ensure operational security in deployed infrastructure. This position is a unique opportunity to work with a very experienced team on cutting-edge decentralized networks and financial services around cryptocurrency.
- Review core codebases of decentralized networks such as LivePeer, Tezos, Cardano and map out infrastructure requirements for validating nodes.
- Design, implement and merge additional functionality in codebases of said networks, as needed, to make validating nodes compatible with our infrastructure.
- Write functional and integration tests to verify software upgrades in blockchain networks for which company runs validating nodes.
- Design and implement processes to reduce the lead-time of deployment of validating nodes in new blockchain networks.
The ideal candidate:
- Is able to work independently. Has a minimum of 2-3 years work experience with a medium size company or a startup.
- Possesses either Bachelor or advanced degrees in Computer Science or allied fields.
- Needs to have prior production experience / strong interest in pure functional languages (Haskell, OCaml). Go language skills are a plus.
- Has work experience with distributed algorithms. Prior experience with blockchain clients such as Go-Ethereum, Bitcoin Core, Tendermint or similar is a plus.
- Is curious and able to take initiative in team discussions pertaining to business economics and business opportunities.
- Keywords pertaining to tools: Functional languages, Haskell, OCaml, Golang
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary plus equity.
- 5 weeks annual leave.
- Full-time position.
- Location: Remote work.
- Work on cool technology and interesting problems at the intersection of finance, cryptocurrency, information security and DevOps.