Blockchain Network Engineer at Bison Trails Co. - New York City, USA
$120k - $165k • Company Website https://bisontrails.co
Bison Trails is the leading blockchain infrastructure provider, and we are looking for an exceptional Blockchain Network Engineer to join our highly-skilled and passionate team in New York City. The ideal candidate is an experienced, motivated, self-starting engineer with a love for building containerized applications in a cloud native development environment.
We believe in the power of blockchain technology and building a decentralized future that enables greater participation in global financial networks. Our mission is to provide superior infrastructure on multiple blockchains, strengthen the entire ecosystem, and enable the pioneers of tomorrow.
What does it mean to be a Blockchain Network Engineer at Bison Trails?
- You have 3-5 years of infrastructure or full-stack engineering experience under your belt
- You are a self-starter with a proven track record of shipping quality product
- You are an autonomous worker with the ability to proactively manage the needs of a growing company with minimal oversight
- You possess an analytical mindset and feel comfortable using qualitative and quantitative data to inform your decision making
- You are proficient in a modern programming language such as Go, Python, or Rust
- You are experienced in containerizing modern applications, particularly blockchain networks.
- You have familiarity with Go and the Kubernetes ecosystem, but are not necessarily an expert
- You take pride in having excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
- You preferably work in the greater NYC area, but if not, you are US-based with previous remote experience
Day to day, you will…
- Work to support new and existing blockchain networks on our platform. This means dockerizing, YAML templating, and otherwise writing code that facilitates different networks running on our Kubernetes based platform every day
- Research complex topics around specific blockchain networks including consensus algorithms, economic models, and node/network topology.
- Interact and collaborate with other engineers and team members; we have a highly focused and collaborative team. Our team prioritizes creating a shared understanding of our systems/supported networks, and we are dedicated to supporting each other on a daily basis.
- Contribute to blockchain network support discussions. We are looking for a strong technical leader that can help drive and own support for multiple networks.
- Participate in the overall blockchain network community. Join third party discussions and become a contributor to the development of new and existing networks.
- Build services and infrastructure that help to automate the deployment of blockchain network infrastructure
- Incorporate monitoring, alerting, and observability to support blockchain networks that allow us to maintain the highest standards of health, reliability and uptime.
- Write integration tests and contribute to maintaining a healthy CI/CD pipeline.
We are conveniently located in Tribeca, NYC. We provide competitive industry salaries along with:
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship, and coaching from industry leaders and company leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company that is helping create the decentralized future
- Work in tandem with fun, diverse and open-minded colleagues