Cloud Architect at Ori - London, United Kingdom
£70k - £90k • Company Website https://ori.co
Curious about distributed computing? Deploying on top of Kubernetes? Writing in GO? So are we!
Ori provides developers, networks and infrastructure owners with a software-defined edge platform to deploy, onboard & manage edge computing nodes over multiple environments and geographies.
We work with networks, big and small, to build the future of communication. Based in central London, we are searching for a hands on Cloud Architect with experience with cloud-native technologies to join a growing team of driven entrepreneurs. We are looking for candidates interested in driving technology choices, designing core architectures and bringing their experience to support the team and the development of our edge computing platform.
- Support your personal development, prioritising growth in knowledge around technology
- Build an environment that encourages individual autonomy within a close-knit team
- Provide constant technical challenges or puzzles requiring creative thinking & problem solving
- Encourage the proactive use of new technologies and processes
- Set the technical direction for cloud and networking technologies and the implementation of a distributed compute solution
- Research and suggest updates to process and technology regularly to stay relevant
- Mentor the team, building an environment that supports communication and collaboration aligned with our company values
- Perform technical reviews and provide solution designs to the Engineering team
- Work directly with partners to translate network integration requirements into product features
- Design solutions with network virtualisation tools and cloud-native principles
- Ensure software is designed and implemented for quality, robustness and scale
- Take ownership and responsibility of production-ready code
- Contribute to and ensure the completion of code development so that product releases reach general availability on time
- Experience and understanding of production-ready services in a Cloud-like environment
- Understanding of architectural designs and impacts resulting in real-world implementation
- Hands-on experience working building large scale web or cloud architectures
- Continued development experience; writing code, tests, and debugging issues
- Strong grasp of core architectural, programming principles and networking
- Experience with Go or similar languages (Java, C/C++, Rust)
- Demonstrable architectural concepts (SOA, Containerization) with coding and handling services through Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar systems (Swarm, Nomad)
- Track record in multiple configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible, Puppet or Terraform
- Exposure to open source networking projects in the realm of cloud, PaaS/IaaS, containerization and distributed computing
- Awareness of Network Function Virtualisation (NFV) and Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Experience of modern deployment & associated tooling, integration, technology, patterns and release methodologies including automated configuration to design, build & provision at scale
- Evidence of design and delivery of different scales of digital technical architectures resulting in real-world implementation
- Passion for good documentation of processes and architectures, alongside open communication
Interested? Ping over your CV, Github profile or any other relevant work you want to share.
We believe diversity and inclusion make us a better company, and we embrace equal employment opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, opinions and skills.