Cloud Engineer | Kubernetes Engineer at Container Solutions - Berlin, GermanySalary
€50k - €75k• Company Website https://container-solutions.com
Why this job matters
IT has become the core asset for most businesses. Our Cloud Native engineers guide our clients through this increasingly complex IT landscape. We build confidence with cloud technologies and help clients transition to a modern architecture. Our engineers also work with Cloud Native vendors on next-generation open-source tools.
What we look for
- Background in development or operations; we’re open to junior or senior engineers.
- Experience with at least one programming language and/or scripting (e.g. Go, Java, Python, C++, Bash).
- Experience with microservices (e.g. CI/CD tools, technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos) is valuable, but it’s not mandatory. Most of our engineers didn’t have Kubernetes experience when they joined. Learning is part of your job.
- Beeing a Certified Kubernetes Administrator and/or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer is valuable, but it’s not mandatory.
- We are cloud agnostic. Any cloud experience (AWS, Google, Azure) is a plus.
- Cloud automation and infrastructure provisioning (Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation etc).
- We value consultancy skills and community work, such as open-source contribution, meetups and conference talks, and/or blogging. We’re more than just engineers.
You’ll be in charge of shaping a new IT architecture for some of the best companies in the world. We work in small, self-managed teams that take full responsibility for the projects. We’re not tech/cloud service resellers. We mix the best open-source tools and services that make sense for the project. We move fast and deliver mainly short-term projects (2-4 months), mostly working from our offices. We automate the infrastructure of our customers and deploy orchestration layers on top of it to run apps and data. All our engineers are encouraged to share their knowledge at conferences and within the company. We consider ourselves a continuous learning company. There are no rockstars here, just people that wanna grow themselves and their community. Switching between projects/roles/offices is possible and quite common.