DevOps Engineer at ChartMogul - Remote (Europe) / Berlin, Germany
Salary €40,000 to €60,000 a year
Company Website https://chartmogul.com
Published September 2022
Applicants This Week 2
ChartMogul Engineering is well on its journey to fully embrace a DevOps-driven culture!
Our DevOps team builds the infrastructure, processes, and tools necessary to release, monitor, and manage our applications with high velocity and efficiency in a modern cloud-native environment. We value automation, self-service, and empowerment of product engineering to manage our codebase from development to production.
By joining our team, you will play a significant role in supporting our growing architecture, working with edge cloud technologies, and implementing innovative solutions for our products. As with many young companies, your responsibilities may evolve. Here are some of the things we expect you to take on as a DevOps Engineer:
- End-to-end ownership of everything related to the infrastructure that keeps ChartMogul alive and running, including running daily operations of our infrastructure on AWS
- Collaborate with the product engineering teams and the various service support teams in engineering (QA, AppSec, Data Engineering) in service of maintaining, building, and improving our underlying systems so that they are highly available, scalable and performant
- Actively contribute to improving our systems and evolve our infrastructure: flawless CI/CD pipelines, Kubernetes deployments, containers monitoring, automation with infrastructure as code, GitOps, reliability on AWS cloud
- Join our constant efforts to meet and overcome standards for information security and compliance; ensuring our customer data is as safe as possible is our top priority
- Proactively identify and validate areas of improvement as necessary by using the best tool available for a given case and constantly researching and evaluating industry trends that fit ChartMogul's needs
Our Tech Stack
We run a combination of Kubernetes clusters and a fleet of Linux machines for our Rails stack, along with multiple microservices backed up by PostgreSQL databases and a Redis datastore. Our legacy infrastructure is running on AWS EKS (Kubernetes and containers).
Technologies from our stack: AWS, Kubernetes on EKS, Docker, Terraform, SaltStack, DataDog, Nginx, Redis, PostgreSQL, Sidekiq, Redis, Ruby/Rails, Go, JS (BackboneJS, VueJS), Rust, Linux, Bash
- 2 years of professional experience as a DevOps / SRE / Systems Engineer
- Hands-on experience with high traffic production infrastructure
- Strong knowledge of Linux and computer networking
- Experience with AWS cloud and services
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience with managing and monitoring databases
- Next to speaking English fluently, you can understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions
Nice to have
- Understanding the cloud ecosystem in modern software development: Infrastructure as Code, Immutable infrastructure, git, CI/CD pipelines, containers, serverless, monitoring
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with PostgreSQL databases and RDS
- Hands-on production experience with CloudFormation or Terraform on AWS cloud
- Clear and precise communications, especially when working under the pressure of a production failure and/or incident affecting our users
- You're passionate about the DevOps culture and keep up with news and technologies in the cloud, networking, Linux, and open-source area
- You're eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change
- You value automation; you are eager to spend a bit more time automating things that require more than one manual trigger
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have an incredibly impactful job
- You’ll become part of a team of nice, awesome, and highly dedicated people who all have the same mission: Helping companies build better businesses
- Flexible hours with healthy work-life balance
- All employees, including contractors, receive sick days, paid holiday days, and paternity leave
- You’ll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket)!
- Application is reviewed
- Introductory + technical call with our DevOps Engineer
- Final interview with our Head of Engineering
- Reference checks
This is a full-time remote position. Please note that we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the EU at this time.