We are an exciting start-up company founded by proven leaders with repeated success in the technology space. Our newest company is developing a cryptocurrency platform based on an open-source third generation blockchain that we’re creating. Our goal is to set a new standard in security and protection for our end users and community.
We’re looking for an experienced Devops engineer responsible for automating and managing the technology processes around the development, testing, release, and deployments. Working closely with developers, support and the product manager, the Devops engineer uses continuous integration tools, scripts and manual processes to ensure that all teams have access to the systems and tools necessary to perform their jobs at all times.
The position is reporting directly to the VP of Infrastructure, Operations and CISO, the goal is to keep the department running in an efficient and profitable manner, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention, maintain standards and meet expectations of WON’s services, both internally and externally.
- Pursue a rigorous, disciplined approach to software development process and automation.
- Develop, test and maintain build and deployment scripts in CI/CD framework/tools to automate and
streamline deployment processes.
- Drive the Operations team toward automation and deployment best practices.
- Lead efforts in automation, continuous deployment, build, and configuration management.
- Actively participate in Engineering Scrum and design meetings to drive quality releases.
- Monitor applications with Application Performance Monitoring tools.
- Produce and maintain documentation on installations, procedures and requirements for systems.
- Participate in on-call rotations.
- Assist with the development and implementation of mission critical applications
- Assist with the development of robust, scalable, high performing, high-volume production applications with users across the globe
- Build internal systems and support business needs with your domain expertise
- Bachelor's Degree+ in engineering or computer science
- Expert skills with Linux, networking, storage, and virtualization
- Automation with tools like Ansible/Chef/Puppet.
- Experience with setting up and supporting CI/CD for Java/C++/C#, Go, Nginx, Ruby, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, NodeJS development environments
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes a definite plus.
- Experience with setting up full stack Monitoring and alerting with tools like Sensu, Splunk or Nagios
- Proficiency in a high-level scripting language like Ruby, Python, shell scripts etc.
- Ability to plan and execute S/W and infrastructure upgrades based on data driven capacity planning
- Experience with build systems (Makefiles/Scons), and release management tools (Git, Jenkins, Jira)
- Competitive Salary
- Awesome bonus
- 20 days annual leave
- 8 days personal leave
- 100% medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and FSA
- Free shuttles between Caltrain Menlo Park and office
- Gym on site, accessible 24/7
- Located on corner of Marsh Road and 101, by the Dumbarton Bridge exit.
- Loads more!