Golang Engineer at synergist.io GmbH - Berlin, GermanySalary
€55k - €70k• Company Website https://synergist.io
At Synergist, we’ve begun an ambitious project to to automate human negotiation.
We’re building a foundation for algorithms to predict the best way for two people to reach agreement on legal contracts.. nothing like this hasn’t been attempted before.
We make human negotiations machine-readable, create big data sets of behavioural data and use open APIs to integrate with third-party platforms. If we do our job right, our users feel empowered to negotiate contracts and get sh*t done really quickly.
We’re now looking for a a backend focused Go Engineer who is comfortable building complex, server-side business logic and contributing to our extensible architecture built on RESTful APIs. Our solution runs on a modern stack which is deployed via CI/CD on Redis and stored in Docker containers running on AWS.
We have flexible working hours, no hierarchy and give you the autonomy you need to get sh*t done. We’re a small team that iterate quickly, but also value who you are over how good you are… Our culture is our greatest asset and we try not to take ourselves too seriously ;)
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with any general purpose programming language (PHP, Java, Python); or a solid Computer Science background and a desire to learn new stacks
- A desire to learn Golang
- Strong MySQL and database design skills
- An understanding of how design decisions affect scalability, storage requirements, and the like
- Basic Linux skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Nice to have:
- Previous Golang experience
- Experience working on a consumer product at scale
- Experience with Docker, ECS and AWS
- Familiar with at least one frontend framework (React, Ember, etc) - AngularJS is preferred
- Familiarity with Redis, Docker and/or AWS
What we offer:
- Work with cutting-edge technologies that are new in the market
- A small international team with different skill sets, backgrounds and cooking abilities ;)
- Engineering culture: 80% of our team works in technical positions and engineers contribute directly to product decisions
- A bright and spacious office (central Berlin near Checkpoint Charlie) with huge kitchen for breakfast, pasta, snacks and drinks (all included)
- Choose your laptop, screen and (mechanical!) keyboard
In summary: If you’d like to be part of building an enterprise software company from scratch and responsible for shaping the world’s first automated negotiation bot with a bunch of cool people, then get in touch.