Golang (Go) Backend Engineer at Healum - London, United Kingdom
£50k - £65k • Company Website https://www.healum.com/
We are Healum - a well funded digital health company on a mission to improve and save 100 million lives across the globe. We believe that everyone should have access to better personalised preventative healthcare and healthcare professionals should be empowered to deliver this experience to their patients. Digital solutions can make this a reality. We build digital products to enable patients to monitor and understand their health, and software that empowers health professionals to achieve better outcomes with their patients. Our single aim is to maximise people’s engagement with their health by delighting them with products that make them feel confident, supported and motivated.
We are looking for a Golang Software Engineer based for a full-time position, to help further build Healum’s distributed services platform to enhance our value proposition to our users. Are you excited about building petabyte-scale, business-critical, distributed software that helps people to transform their health outcomes? Do you find a peculiar satisfaction in bringing efficiency through intelligent algorithms? Do you enjoy looking at real-time data and incorporating that in to how you build software? The most important characteristic is that you can wear many hats and you’ll love getting your hands dirty with planning, scaling, security and testing. You’ll have a passion for playing a lead role in envisioning our platform services and preparing Healum for scale and high availability. You will work closely with the founders to build high quality and scalable systems that are integrated with our products that establish Healum as a leader in providing useful and intelligent solutions for clinicians and their patients.
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Extensive knowledge of Golang and at least one other formal software languages (think compiled software languages C/C+, Java, Scala, Erlang, Clojure). **This is really important**. In your application note - please mention ONE feature about Golang that you like in order to qualify your application for consideration.
- Experience in building distributed scalable and fault tolerant systems using micro-services, CEP, MQs.
- Strong experience in working with data and multiple datastores both SQL / Non- SQL like relational data stores, document data stores, caches and graph Databases
- Experience using go-micro or some other microservices framework and other tools like glide, godep, gorilla mux, revel,
- Affinity for smart hacking over process and the ability to take complex technical requirements and breaking them down into smaller execution units.
- Ruthless capabilities of documenting major technical details outside of the code and minor ones inside the code.
- cognitive abilities to choose smart practices over best practices with a keen eye over security and scalability.
- experience in continuously shipping and testing through deployment pipelines using CI/CD tools in an agile development environment.
- experience in performance tuning your code and scalability thinking while writing it.
You also have
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and service mesh concepts
- Familiarity in Linux systems (like Centos) and some experience in scripting, automation and tooling.
- Experience working with virtualisation systems (like Docker, Vagrant etc.) VMs and hypervisors (like vsphere, xenserver etc.)
- Experience working with orchestration tools (like Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm etc.) and container registeries (GCE, Docker hub etc.)
- Crazy attention to detail - sleepless nights because you found a bug that you couldn’t resolve at 5:44 pm.
- Familiarity with agile development practices (a/b testing, unit testing, continuous deployment,continuous integration,scrums) and worked in a production environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate technical concepts to a wide variety of audience.
- Ability to be empathetic and form strong working relations with your team members, customers and partners.
As one of our first team members, a typical day might include some of the following
- Write, test, debug and ship code and gather feedback on scale, performance, security to incorporate back into the platform.
- Work with the founders to identify complex technical problems and solve them.
- Work with the product design and client experience development team to support them with scalable services
- Feed into the overall mission and vision of the Healum’s platform over the period of coming months and years.
- Inspire us with latest technical trends and frameworks especially in programming languages, data stores, security and create some of your own.
- Work with the infrastructure team to squeeze every ounce of efficiency from our existing systems.
To land this gig, you need…
Quality experience in building large scale distributed systems, a formal degree in computer science, physics or mathematics. Background and expertise in software development, micro services, API integrations, data analytics, security and huge scale thinking!
Would you like to make a lasting impact in people’s lives and change them for better? Then get in touch.
Absolutely NO recruitment agencies or outsourcing companies as we work with our PSL only.
If you are interested in this role email us at [email protected] with your CV, and one feature about Golang that you like and why!