- Upload Your CV
- Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
For any enquiries on this job please contact the job poster
ClearBlade provides an industry leading IoT platform. As such it demands knowledge across a wide domain of computer languages, user interfaces and infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced software developer with a passion for quality, performance, and scalability.
This position is for a professional services engineer who is experienced with performing technical implementations and training customers and support in the ClearBlade platform. Candidate must be comfortable working alone and in a small team, but also comfortable with rapid growth of the team and the company. Good communication and cooperation skills are a must. Candidate must also be interested in providing technical support to clients and team.
• 3+ years in a professional services environment in the software industry
• Hands-on experience with Unix (Linux MacOS), Docker, Git/Github, BitBucket, Jenkins, and web servers. • Ability to autonomously pursue elegant solutions to open-ended problems. • Demonstrate experience with continuous integration and agile software development. • Practical experience with SDLC tools like Git/Github, BitBucket, Jira and Jenkins • Experience with major cloud offerings for compute, storage and networking • Understanding of protocols for enterprise communication (SOAP, JMS, AMQP), web server communication (REST, JSON, MQTT), device communication (BLE, Zigbee) and industrial communication (MODBUS, CANBUS, SNMP) • Strong analytics and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify and analyze issues quickly.
• Familiarity and experience with IoT-specific development issues, including challenges associated with programming small sensor devices. • Experience with Google Cloud services and tools • Proven track record of identifying and championing new technologies that enhance the software quality, developer productivity, and end-user experience. • Experience in functional, regression, and performance testing. • Experience with IoT devices like Raspberry Pi as a gateway and a Silicon Labs Thunderboard as a BLE sensor.
To succeed here you need to be obsessive about learning new technologies, excited to solve hard software problems, and curious about how we can enable others to build amazing IoT solutions. A mindset focused on writing software that is well tested, secure by default, and performs at scale that can support millions of connected devices is a necessity. You must be able to collaborate with others well and work effectively on your own projects with little oversight.
This position will be based in Austin, TX. Candidates must live in or be willing to relocate to Austin, TX or the surrounding area.
• Close tight-knit team • Ability to work remote • Unlimited paid vacation • Group health, dental, and life insurance
ClearBlade is a rapidly growing Internet of Things software company focused on Industrial, Transportation, Buildings Facilities and Communication Service Provider market segments. We spend a lot of time together in our historical building downtown off 5th and Congress, and that experience shouldn’t be painful. We get together after work for events and happy hours when possible. Our team is dedicated, wickedly smart and motivated to dominate the IoT software space. It’s a great environment for innovation and personal success. If you are up for this kind of adventure, challenge and commitment, we would like to have a conversation with you.