Kubernetes Engineer at ArangoDB - Cologne, Germany / RemoteSalary
€50K – €90K
We are looking for an experienced Kubernetes Engineer to lead the development of our Kubernetes Operator. Our goal is to make working with data easy. And because we want to make it simpler for others, we have to work on solving complex problems like the simple deployment of ArangoDB in cluster environments. As a part of our dynamic team you will work on various components that integrate deeply into Kubernetes that make running stateful and resilient databases as easy as possible for our customers.
Our headquarter ArangoDB Inc. is in San Francisco (US), our secondary location is in Cologne (Germany) and our diverse team includes workmates at remote locations worldwide. So do you prefer your desk at home or do you want to join our modern family at one of our locations? Your choice.
About the Role
- You build and improve our Kubernetes operator to run and deploy our ArangoDB database
- Work closely with Customer Care to provide technical support and integrate client feedback into the product lifecycle
- You help produce user guides and documentation in cooperation with Marketing
- Help the open source community and our clients with best practice
- You help with the design, development and maintenance of our tools around ArangoDB that are written in Golang
- Kubernetes is your thing and you feel at home in the Open Source world surrounding it
- You have hands-on experience developing for and working with large scale distributed systems
- Besides Kubernetes you have more than heard of Mesos (DC/OS), Docker (Swarm), Cloud Foundry
- Development experience with more than one programming language, including Go
The over 40 minds of ArangoDB come from 4 different continents and over a dozen countries. Diverse backgrounds enable us to see new solutions. We love this diversity and encourage everyone who is curious and visionary to join the multi-model movement.