Lead Golang Developer at Ninety Percentage of Everything (90PoE) - Remote - GMT +/- 3 hours
Salary £75,000 to £100,000 a year Company Websitehttps://www.90poe.io/ Published May 2023 Applicants This Week 2
90 Percent of Everything is looking for Senior Golang Developer/Team Lead to join the team on a full-time basis.
Our goal is to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimization and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionising an iconic industry.
Introduction to 90PoE
Our tech stack consists of React and React Native applications communicating using GraphQL to microservice containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. Internally our services use gRPC for communication and achieve high scalability thanks to a Kafka based event driven architecture and persist data to a mix of RDBS and No-SQL databases including PostgresDB, MongoDB, S3 and Elasticsearch. We follow modern CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per week.
What’s in it for you?
Working with latest cutting-edge technologies
Disrupting a century old industry in a startup environment
Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills
Deliver a green field system
Work with a diverse multicultural team in an agile environment
Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities
State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates good working conditions
Opportunity to travel to client offices based in London
Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild workflow model, our version of the Spotify model
As a member of the squad, you will be developing robust microservices to form the heart of as SaaS platform to serve globally distributed users.
Follow Golang best practices to deliver and support production ready industry quality code.
Responsible for full lifecycle of services. Developers will take the services they build from design, through implementation and into production.
Continuous improvement of all development and deployment processes.
Successful delivery of your services into production.
Regular and clear communication of progress to the squad product owner and technical lead.
* Full hands-on technical experience
* Team Lead experience
* RDBMS and NoSQL database
* Microservices architecture concepts
* Container based architecture: Docker, Kubernetes
* Advanced use of git
* Use of Unix systems commands
Nice to have:
* AWS stack experience
* Exposure to GraphQL
* Postgres and MongoDB
* Ability to perform basic DevOps tasks
* Experience using Kafka
* EFK stack
Demonstrated track record and proficiency in the points below:
* Deliver features autonomously with a high degree of team coordination
* Deliver code based on precise architecture spec
* Deliver code without relying on precise architecture spec
* Automated testing
* Working with CI/CD practices
* Delivering code to production
* Maintaining production ready code
* Collaborating in small but fast paced teams
* Event driven architecture and message passing
More about you
* Good level of English
* Willingness to learn and open mind about new technologies
* Confident to operate in a fast-paced environment
* A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
* Ability to learn autonomously
* Excellent all-round communications skills
* We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, company bonus scheme, employee referral scheme, a contributory pension and a travel to work loan
* We have a positive attitude to flexible working, a competitive annual holiday allowance, cycle to work scheme, supportive family polices and discounted gym membership
* We have a culture of which we are proud, and a highly skilled and diverse workforce