Lead Product Engineer at Mech Mocha - Bengaluru, India
Salary ₹2,000,000 to ₹3,500,000 a year Company Websitehttp://www.mechmocha.com Published May 2023 Applicants This Week 2
Mech Mocha runs India's first vernacular social & skill gaming platforms for the next billion Indians. Let’s take you through our journey.
About the Engineering team at Mech Mocha:
Engineering at Mech Mocha closely works with the product team to achieve the overall outcome. Our engineers own their impact end-to-end. They contribute to the overall roadmap, product experiments, data analysis, turnkey deliverables and more. Our user feedback loop is immediate, which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. High interaction with cross-functional peers.
We love versatility in our engineers. Jack of all trades, master of none is often better than master of one.
Communication and collaboration across the organization are as important as an engineer’s execution and delivery.
We believe that the best engineers write simple codes for complex problems.
We focus on details before deliverables. Premature execution is the root of all scope
What you will do
Android application development : Creating Screens and navigation flows.
Adding notifications and deep linking. Social Login, Invite, Referral and so on.
Gameplay mechanics development : Achievements, Physics simulation,
Rendering performance, Real-time interactive input, First time user experiences and so on.
Multiplayer system development : Matchmaking, Shared game state signalling, Audio chat, Video chat, Live Streaming, Bots and so on.
Backend system development : Writing edge as-well-as core microservices, such as, for Over-the-air content delivery, Leaderboards, Wallets, Feed, Friends, Presence etc.
Backend infrastructure development : Load testing, Container and node orchestration and automation, Observability and trace tools, Infrastructure cost optimization and so on.
What we are looking for:
Relevant experience : 4-5 years of experience building online mobile applications and services
Experience with application and system development in a relevant domain
Authority over one or more object-oriented modern programming languages
Strong computer science fundamentals and problem solving skills
Strong design fundamentals. Ability to independently break down complex real-world problems without needing help.
Strong system design fundamentals. Ability to identify and drive requirements in server side as-well-as client side for building features.
Solid mentoring and team organisation skills
Ability to take charge of delivering multiple efforts. You have the leadership quality of guiding and inspiring everyone in the team.
Prior experience of interacting with product managers and business stakeholders directly
A deep sense of ownership and collaboration – take initiative to communicate and clarify, breakdown tasks, burndown task lists, work hard, learn and unlearn
Great written and oral communication skill - write design documents, constructively comment on code reviews, pair with design and test teams to tackle technical unknowns
Brownie points for:
- You have debugged performance bottlenecks in mobile applications and fixed them.
- You don't need a DevOps guy to setup your server.
- Experience with Unity3D or Cocos2dx or Cocos Creator game engines.
- Experience working in teams building microservices.
- Experience managing a few direct reports.
- Experience at an online consumer or entertainment company.
Our building blocks:
- Unstoppable drive: Visible energy. Initiative. Follow through.
- High ownership: Capability. Responsibility. Accountability.
- Effective communication: Unhindered by ambiguity. Driving clarity. Alignment. Thoughtful communication.
- Infectious positive energy: Fostering creativity. Encouraging and listening to others' ideas. Guidance, not criticism.
- Agile execution: Shipping early. Quick critical feedback. Fast iteration.
- User empathy: Knowledge of the targeted users. Deep respect for everything about them.
Why join us
- Flat organization- No bureaucracy, zero politics
- Small teams, big goals- Individual ownership, high visibility
- Learn and grow- Face-to-face sessions with industry leaders, accomplished founders, renowned designers
- Competitive compensation- Attractive package, generous equity, relocation bonus
- Interest-free loans- Looking to rent a house? We’d be happy to help out with the deposit!
- Work hard, party harder- Fun get-togethers, annual off-sites
Eat. Repeat- There’s always food in the house
- Women in leadership- We believe in maintaining gender balance in our space and have women occupying over 50% of leadership roles.
- Outcome driven culture- We measure work by the impact it creates on the users, and not by the number of hours.