Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
This job posting is no longer available
Platform & DevOps Engineer at FATMAP - London, United Kingdom / Berlin, Germany
Salary €60,000 to €70,000 a year Company Websitehttps://fatmap.com Published December 2023 Applicants This Week 2
Solid Kubernetes experience in a professional environment
● You have experience scaling Kubernetes (including auto-scaling)
● You have deployed a Kubernetes deployment on AWS
● You've implemented metrics, logging and tracing
● You know how to get under the hood to diagnose issues when things go wrong
Worked with some of the following technologies
● Bash script
Knowledge of fundamentals of GIS
● You can use PostGIS to run basic queries
● As a fast growing company, scaling our systems as we grow will be a core part of your job.
● Building out our metrics, logging and tracing infrastructure to give us full insight into our stack.
● Looking after our AWS & Heroku accounts & infrastructure.
● Managing our external services (CDNs, Databases etc)
● Ensuring security standards throughout our infrastructure.
● Improving the performance and reliability of our tile and data stacks.
● Maintaining and improving our user databases.
● Iterating on our PostGIS adventure databases.
● Mentoring our more junior developers.
● Building on our current engineering processes such as code reviews, pull requests etc.
● Helping us continue to build our engineering culture.
● You're an engineer that can see the bigger picture, you understand why performance and quality is important to our end users and why automated tests and documentation are important to our wider engineering team.
● You care deeply about the quality of the work you produce.
● You can distill complex requirements into a non-complex solution.
● You have excellent communication skills and can explain complicated problems in an easy to understand way.
● You are dynamic and can effortlessly transition between the various facets of the company as required.
● You are a self-starter and comfortable taking the lead on certain aspects of your role.
● You are comfortable mentoring other members of the engineering team.