Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
This job posting is no longer available
Platform Engineer or Architect at Wanderu - Boston, United States / Remote
Salary $110,000 to $135,000 a year Company Websitehttp://www.wanderu.com Published February 2024 Applicants This Week 5
Wanderu, a 2016 Inc Magazine Top 15 Company, is a fast-growing startup that simplifies the process of comparing and purchasing ground transportation in more than 40 countries. Wanderu instantly searches over 200 different bus and train operators, routes, and schedules, empowering millions of travelers to find the right trip for them at the best price. Be a part of an exciting, fast-paced startup environment and make a difference in the world.
We hire people who are driven, solutions-focused, and passionate about their work. Our employees never fill a single role and always rise to new challenges with excitement and curiosity.
We are seeking experienced engineers to join our Platform Engineering team. In this role, you will be key to the development and management of the Wanderu technology platform. As a member of this team, you will work closely with others in an exciting environment using the latest technologies including NoSQL and graph search technologies. You will start fast and ship features and fixes in your first week.
You learned CS concepts in school like linked lists, graphs, Big “O” notation, search and sorting, but you wondered why everybody used a relational db for everything.
You thrive in an environment that doesn't get bogged down with red-tape and encourages creative solutions to complex problems.
You desire to have an impact with what you do and want to see what you build help people.
You know that there is never just one path to a solution and that the key is finding the solution that helps move the product and team forward quickly without sacrificing quality.
You like to travel and wondered how technology could have made the experience better.
When you run into every-day problems, you think to yourself “How can I automate this?" or "How can I make this work better?”
When you were a child, you disassembled your toys to see how they worked. Most of the time, the pieces came back together in the right order.
Your engineering career started on the front-end or the back-end, but you feel comfortable contributing across the full stack.
• We are polyglots for everything – coding languages, frameworks, databases, and human languages
• We choose the best technologies for a given problem and are not afraid to try something new
• We implement Python, Golang and node.js for our APIs, backed by MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and a myriad of AWS resources
• We employ agile methodologies (combination of Scrum and Kanban) and deploy to production frequently
• We negotiate on "right" vs "right now" to deliver a minimally viable product to our customers as quickly as possible, analyzing the results and building on them to continuously improve.
• We are a team and support each other on all challenges
• We maintain standards of code quality and testability
• We have fun together and celebrate each other's accomplishments
• Experience with writing scalable REST Services backed by high-performance databases
• Experience with designing and developing high-volume transactional e-commerce systems
• At least 3-5 years of experience developing with node.js, Python or equivalent languages for high traffic websites
• MongoDB / PostgreSQL / Redis experience
• Experience building scalable I18N/L10N support for data models and APIs
• Experience working with geolocation APIs and data
• Knowledge of Apache Kafka, Elasticsearch, and AWS resources like SQS, Redshift and RDS
How to apply
If you think this describes you, email us your resume along with any additional requirements to email@example.com.
• Health benefits including dental & vision
• Remote and Work from Home Friendly
• Stock options – all employees benefit from the performance of the company
• Unlimited vacation policy
• Quarterly Internal Hackathons where we get to work on crazy fun ideas
• Lunch & Learns by industry leaders
• Ping-pong table
• Compensated travel tickets
• Fully stocked snack kitchen
• Team outings
• Happy hour every Friday
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.