- Upload Your CV
- Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
Popsa is a design-led, engineering focussed company that uses machine learning to help people rediscover their best experiences and turn them into beautiful printed products.
We grew about 500% in 2018 and we’re now shipping over half a million photos a week to 50 countries around the world.
This position is a great opportunity for experienced software engineers with a background in the likes of Go, Python, PHP or Node.js looking to apply their existing skillset and learn and use Go in a production environment.
- Most of our backend code is written in Go with some Python and Node.js used where they’re the right tool for the job.
- We’re entirely hosted on AWS and make extensive use of many of their services (over 30 at last count!)
- 15+ containerised microservices running in ECS (we’re open to exploring moving to Kubernetes in the future if appropriate). Our services talk protocol buffers over HTTP and are discovered with Consul.
- Dozens of event driven serverless functions running on Lambda, some running as APIs behind API Gateway and others as Step Functions
- Dockerised batch compute workflows
- NoSQL databases (predominantly DynamoDB and ElasticSearch)
- Serverless analytics data lake backed by S3 using Athena (PrestoDB)
- Terraform and Serverless Framework to manage our infrastructure as code
Read more about our platform technology stack here.
Some other blog posts you might find interesting too:
This is a central role and the work you’ll be doing will touch every aspect of the business. The Popsa platform doesn’t just power our mobile apps, but numerous internal business applications and custom integrations with our industrial print partners (some of this runs on a fleet of Raspberry PIs!), as well as a burgeoning data platform which will feed further into our growth strategies.
Our Head of Engineering Alex likes to describe our platform as an iceberg - the bit customers encounter is just the tip above the water - underneath is a dynamic event-driven structure that enables us to be a lean business that can iterate and experiment rapidly.
You will gain a unique perspective of a high growth business and have an opportunity to shape the landscape of our backend APIs, data pipelines and strategies, infrastructure automation and many more engineering goals.
Desired skill set: