Product Engineer at Butternut Box - London, United Kingdom
Salary £53,000 to £63,000 a year
Company Website https://butternutbox.com
Published October 2019
Applicants This Week 1
A bit about us.
At Butternut, we put the food back into dog food. We believe dogs deserve to eat the healthiest, most natural and tastiest food with none of the nasties. That’s why we make freshly prepared dog food. Cooked like you would at home. Delivered in perfect portions.
We want to change the pet food industry for the better by helping dogs live healthier, happier and longer lives. We have come a long way since our co-founders (Kevin & David) hand-delivered the first Butternut Box.
We are on a mission to provide the best customer experience, feed more dogs and revolutionize an arcane industry using the latest technology. That’s where you come in.
Who we are looking for.
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience.
- You care deeply about engineering culture and the quality of products you and your team build.
- You love the web and new technologies (we use Elm, Golang & more on a regular basis).
- You have an analytical mind and love solving problems as part of a team.
- If you have made open source contributions to a project in any language (even English!) that’s a plus.
A bit about the role.
As part of the engineering team, you will report into our Head of Engineering. You will also work closely with the Product, Marketing and Customer Love Teams to help solve problems.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Contribute to the architecture and development direction of the team to ensure quality code is written and excellent products are build
- Work across the stack (Ruby on Rails, Elm, React JS, PostgreSQL) to deliver quality, maintainable code.
- Collaborate and learn with other team members via pair programming, mentoring, code reviews, and technical talks.
- Learn about and champion best practices in code, architecture & processes.
A bit about you.
- Degree in Computer Science BSc or a BSc in a related field, or experience in lieu of this
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Experience in Ruby or another object-oriented language
- Experience with Elm is a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Pro-active, entrepreneurial ‘can do’ attitude
- Passion for startups
- Obsessed with dogs!
What we can offer.
- Salary between £53,000 - £63,000
- New Macbook pro
- 24 days holiday per year
- A dedicated office in a co-working space in White City
- Friday beers, monthly socials, and quarterly off-site events.
- Dogs. (Chambo, Lexie, Bella, Willow & Pugwash to name a few)
We have big plans to grow over the next few years so it is an exciting time to be joining BB. You will have the opportunity to play a crucial role in developing the products that will define the future of Butternut Box. This role is for someone who is hungry for that challenge.
Butternut Box is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.