GetHarley empowers people to look, feel and be their best selves — at every age. We are the first platform to combine technology with the human instinct and experience of a Clinician to deliver a deeply personalized and effective experience. Our company is transforming the skincare and healthy ageing experience as we know it.
Launched in May 2019, we are backed by top-tier venture capitalist firms, raising $52 million in our funding to date. Currently, at ~70 employees and growing, we are an award-winning, fast-paced business, growing triple-digits year over year with no market competition. Today, we empower over 1000 clinicians to increase their skincare product sales and drive patient loyalty via the GetHarley platform and we plan to grow this significantly in the coming year. We are looking for ambitious, dynamic, kind people to help us continue to scale.
The Engineering & Product Team is a small but mighty team responsible for our entire tech platform. Our platform consists of an external facing website, a patient platform, a clinician platform and internal tools. We also plan to roll out a clinician app within the next year. We have key stakeholders across the entire business: sales, commercial, operations and marketing.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us bring to life delightful user journeys for the users of our platform while we build a platform architected for scale. In this role you will:
Collaborate with our Patient, Practitioner and Operations Teams to gather scope and refine requirements
Work closely with our Principal Engineers and other members of the Engineering & Product team
Participate in the ideation and own the full development cycle of new features with users in mind
Design, implement, test, and maintain ambitious solutions for scale and sustainability
Be part of the making of technical decisions that will have a direct impact in how our platform grows and evolve
Offer mentorship, code reviews, and clear documentation for fellow engineers
You will be a great fit if you have:
* Extensive experience developing modern, scalable, fault-tolerant, high-availability microservices.
* Experience building business software applying advanced patterns and techniques like Domain-Driven Design, CQRS, and Event-Driven Design.
* Hands-on experience, good understanding and value the best of the software practices like: maintainable codebase, trunk-based development, deep peer reviews, well-written unit and integration tests, rich CI/CD pipelines, Infrastructure as Code, quality design documentation, etc.
* Expertise in Go or willing to learn it.
* Experience orchestrating and building containerized solutions using Docker.
* Knowledge of building services on cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP.
* The ability to debug production issues across services at multiple levels of the stack.
* Experience in working closely with stakeholders, contributing to business requirements and solutions.
This role can be remote or hybrid. Our office is based in Marylebone.
Why choose GetHarley
* It’s an exciting challenge. No two days are the same! We are an ambitious company that move fast and hustle
* You are making a difference. We are empowering our clinicians and supporting our patient's skincare goals
* Growth opportunities. We take personal development seriously and support your growth ambitions
What we can offer you
* 25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
* Laptop and required software provided
* Wide range of growth opportunities in a scale-up environment
* Regular team socials
* Discounted skincare products
* Quarterly all-company GetTogether's including a countryside retreat!
* A birthday treat delivered to your door
* Dog friendly office located in Marylebone
* Seasonal merch drops
GetHarley is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
We want to leverage this diversity by building an inclusive culture where everyone is respected, can be themselves and strive to be their best. That way we can build a better future for our employees, our patients and clinicians.