Senior Developer / Fintech at Tumelo - Bristol, United Kingdom
£45k - £65k • Company Website https://www.tumelo.com/
Tumelo is a purpose-led financial technology company, providing transparency and influence for investors who want to have impact with their money.
- We believe in a financial system that serves both people and planet.
- Over the last year, we’vebeen building aplatform that creates value-aligned investments for people like us (environmentalists, feminists, tech enthusiasts…) and giving those people their right to a shareholder voice.
- We are an FCA authorised financial institution and are at our most exciting stage of development as our app goes live in the market.
About the role
- You will work on our backend with a slew of phenomenal new technologies including Golang, gRPC-based microservices, Kubernetes, Terraform, Amazon Cognito, the Google Cloud Platform and GitLab CI. Our mobile app is built in React Native.
- You will be a foundational team member, contributing your experiences and ideas to enhance the growth and development of our team and general product direction, especially at this critical stage in our development.
- You will contribute significantly to the architecture definition, design, development, testing and maintenance of Tumelo’s backend services and back office web portal.
- You will ensure software is appropriately tested at all stages of the development and deployment cycles, including identifying opportunities for making our test and CI processes evermore effective and efficient, and you will help with the implementation of improvements to those systems.
- You will work in an agile team, actively participating in scrum-based ceremonies to translate business and user requirements into stories; writing and refining.
- You are an exceptional individual who encapsulates our company values: open hearts, ambition, bring the magic, long-term thinking & thoughtful listening.
- You are passionate about software development and enthusiastic about projects you work on, especially about learning new stuff and pushing your own boundaries.
- You love working collaboratively in a small team and are a brilliant, proactive communicator.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in design and development of large-scale software solutions, especially microservices.
- You have a good working knowledge of Golang, ideally having used it successfully in a commercial environment, though we are also open to strong developers from other backgrounds who are eager for an opportunity to extend their Golang skills.
Find out more from the full job spec; https://www.tumelo.com/jobs/go-dev.pdf
Perks & Benefits
🏝 25 days holiday
💰 Share options
⛵️ Celebrate your way. We let employees choose how they want to celebrate success. We’re going to the beach this month!
- Send an email to us at [email protected]
- We’ll read and reply to every application we receive
- A chat over coffee/the phone
- 1.5 hour in-person interview where we’ll cover culture and technical stuff plus introduce you to the rest of the team.