Senior DevOps Engineer at Funding Circle - London, UK / Limited Remote
Salary £80,000 to £90,000 a year
Company Website https://www.fundingcircle.com
Published June 2022
Applicants This Week 14
Funding Circle brings together small businesses and investors in a way that is truly revolutionary. We're here to foster an environment where small business can thrive. Our online platform provides a marketplace where investors receive better returns and small businesses find lower rates. The driving force behind our product is our engineering team; we are building elegant, sustainable, and scalable infrastructure on a global scale, and we want you to be a part of it!
Our mission: to build a better financial world.
Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious engineer who’s always ready to take on the next cutting-edge technology and build scalable infrastructure? If your answer is yes, you’re going to fit right in with our team.
We’re looking for a passionate and efficiency-driven Senior Platform Engineer who can build automated, testable, and repeatable projects. We are a group of passionate engineers whose bread and butter is learning new technologies and fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment - we’re looking for partners in crime who feel the same.
- Be an automator: we’re using cutting-edge technology to facilitate automation and repeatability. We practice continuous integration and are working towards continuous deployment.
- Be a builder: our engineers are building and expanding our highly-available architecture to handle over $2 billion in loans originated through our pipeline.
- Be a game changer: we’re building infrastructure that has a competitive edge; we’re using technologies like Docker in production on top of Mesos, Kubernetes, and Apache Kafka.
- Be a collaborator: you’ll be expected to forge deep bonds with your business counterparts to truly understand the needs of our Borrowers and Investors. We work in an Agile environment including pair programming and daily standups.
- Be a teacher: be generous with your time and expertise to continue the development of our world-class engineering team.
Our ideal candidate has:
- Expert knowledge of working in cloud-based infrastructure (AWS)
- Experience using containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Expert knowledge of auto scaling, load balancers, proxy servers, DNS, CDNs and WAFs
- Capable of architecting security and compliance best practices into global cloud infrastructure
- At ease troubleshooting in complex environments using monitoring and logging tools (such as New Relic, Datadog, Graylog and Kibana)
- Knowledge of Ansible, Terraform & Go.
- Experience with build tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI), and artifact repositories (e.g. Quay.io),
- Experience working with RDBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of using distributed stream processing platforms specifically Apache Kafka
- Experience in requirements identification, solution analysis, and product selection
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Brownie points for:
- Contributions to open source projects
- Advanced networking experience
- Security experience
- Experience with microservices and event-driven architecture
- Experience with data warehouses
- Past experience working in a highly-regulated industry
- Experience working in global companies with multiple geographies
Why Join Us?
Happy employees are productive employees, that’s why we offer a hearty benefits package including:
- Our employees make our mission a reality, and we want you to share in the companies success by offering generous shares.
- Cool kit - Mac or PC
- Private healthcare, pension and healthcare cash back schemes
- Discounted onsite gym membership
- Learning and development through FC Academy
- Personal development funding
- Flexible working
- Free breakfast, barista coffee and discounted hot lunch at our Funderbar!
- We are a regular host of Meet-Ups and events.
- Company wide socials
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.