Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at Omnivore - Clearwater, Florida, United States / Remote (United States)
Salary $120,000 to $180,000 a year
Company Website https://omnivore.io
Published December 2022
Applicants This Week 2
Omnivore is seeking a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our multifunctional team. You’ll work in a variety of languages and technologies, and on multiple parts of our platform including front-end and back-end components. If you enjoy working on REST APIs, web apps, asynchronous message processing systems, and desktop applications, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for an incoming senior team member to help lead the team into the future!
Together, we’re pioneering a new era of restaurant experience and guest engagement such as ghost and virtual kitchen concepts, master menus across multiple locations and concepts, and immediately connecting restaurants with delivery service providers such as UberEats, Door Dash, Postmates, and others!
(We are offering relocation assistance or a fully remote position - it's up to you!)
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Designing, building, and maintaining production grade APIs and systems that power the Omnivore platform
- Digging into old systems to creatively problem solve without the guidance of documentation
- Setting personal direction while working effectively with engineers across all teams to create a cohesive product
- Building a great customer experience for restaurants and technology
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years professional development experience
- Comfortability working with multiple programming languages
- Exposure to Golang or interest in learning it
- Strong foundation in Object Oriented Design
- Experience with pieces of our tech stack: Go, Python, Kubernetes, Redis, Rabbitmq/Kaftka, Mysql/Postgres, Redshift, EKS/ECS
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical issues effectively to non-technical parties
- Team player mindset with capacity to work independently and take initiative
- Eagerness to keep up with evolving technologies
"EXTRAS" THAT STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Experience with web and/or desktop applications
- Practice implementing REST APIs
- Ease working with one or more RDBMS (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc)
- Comfortability with git
- Familiarity integrating with POS systems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or self-taught individual with strong work experience
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Vision & Dental insurance
- 100% Company paid short-term and long-term disability
- Stock options
- Company paid holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- We have helped thousands and thousands of restaurants survive and thrive in this challenging environment and you will be a part of adding to that legacy of making a difference for one of the top entrepreneurship industries.
- Omnivore released its industry-changing Menu Management System in late 2019 and 2021 is the year for game-changing growth. You will be a key part of that growth!
- You will be joining a “start-up” culture that already has a tremendous list of customer advocates ready to tell their success story.