Senior Go Developer at AMBOSS - Berlin, Germany
Salary €60,000 to €70,000 a year
Company Website https://www.amboss.com
Published November 2022
Applicants This Week 1
As our Senior Go Developer, you will make key contributions to the creation of a product on track to improve medical care for millions of people. You will be a valuable member of our Backend chapter with the chance to maintain an ever-expanding cloud-based product, the freedom to work on a wide range of topics, and the opportunity to make architectural (design) decisions.
WHO WE ARE
AMBOSS is a medical education company that has fundamentally changed the way physicians acquire their know-how. Our comprehensive study and reference tool combines cutting-edge technology with the latest medical research.
Founded in 2012 by doctors for doctors, the company’s international team consists of more than 40 different nationalities, with the most diverse backgrounds. AMBOSS is headquartered in Berlin with offices in Cologne and New York, currently serving over 500,000 users in more than 180 countries.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Working in an agile team on one of our main products – the online pharma information base for physicians.
- Assist in the migration to microservices with Go
- Further expansion and maintenance of our API based on GraphQL
- Refining implementation in rounds of code review, quality assurance, and PO acceptance.
- Covering your code with unit/functional/end-to-end tests.
- Architecture and API design decisions working in a cross-functional team.
- Monitor during operation (using tools such as Kibana, Cloudwatch, DataDog) for analysis and optimization.
- Collaboration with our support team in escalation cases (troubleshooting or usability optimization).
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- An expert understanding of Go with proficiency in Python or PHP to develop applications and microservices.
- Deep understanding of building maintainable & scalable code.
- Ability to hold your ground in architectural discussions that are focused on implementing best practices.
- Great knowledge in relational and non-relational databases or document stores
- Routine in working with development tools like Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Mastery over the English language, you can freely discuss your ideas in an agile work environment.
- Cross-functional project management experience where you guided engineers, developers, designers & scientists, is a real plus!
THE AMBOSS PRESCRIPTION
- Set your own biological clock: Make use of our flextime and home office options.
- Keep the hemoglobin flowing: Enjoy our fitness and wellness program with a sponsored gym membership.
- Need more serotonin? Get involved in our monthly team events, game nights, and weekly language lunches.
- Keep those synapses firing: Profit from ongoing learning opportunities with our educational seminars, “crosstalks”, and development programs.
- No risk of high cholesterol here! Dig into freshly cooked lunches, healthy snacks, and wash it all down with the help of an amazing Italian espresso machine.
- Your doctor recommends time off your feet? Our mobility perks have you covered with a yearly public transportation card.
- Want a little extra exercise? Then choose the sponsored bike instead of the public transportation card.
- Reduce that childcare-associated cortisol build-up: Bring your child along to our AMBOSS Daycare when your Kita is closed, or use it to bridge the gap until you find a Kita spot.
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does this sound like the place you have been looking for? Get in touch! We are looking forward to receiving your application.