Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
Senior Go Developer - API as Integration at Tyk Technologies Ltd - Remote
Salary £60,000 to £70,000 a year Company Websitehttps://tyk.io/ Published September 2023 Applicants This Week 1
**Who are Tyk, and what do we do? **
The Tyk API Management platform is helping to drive the connected world and power new products and services. We’re changing the way that organisations connect any number of their systems and services.Whether internal, external, public or highly encrypted systems, Tyk helps businesses drive value across the retail, finance, telecoms, healthcare, or media industries (to name just a few!)
If you’ve banked online, used an app to check the news, or perhaps even driven a connected car, API’s, and by extension, Tyk, make that possible. Founded in 2015 with offices in London, Atlanta and Singapore, we have many thousands of users of our B2B platform across the globe. Brands using Tyk range from Lotte, Bell, Dominos, Starbucks, to RBS and Societe Generale. We have a varied user base hailing from every continent – even Antarctica.
Tyk is on a mission to connect every system in the world. We’ve started by building an API Management platform.
Total flexibility, default remote, radical responsibility
We offer unlimited paid holidays and remote working from anywhere in the world, for everyone, Why? Tyk was founded on the principle of offering flexibility and autonomy to our employees, we believe this allows our employees to achieve their best results. It also means we can build the best possible team, location and working hours are no barrier.
If this sounds like an environment that you believe could work for you then read on to find out more.
You will be responsible for designing and building out compelling and quality solutions for our Universal Data Graph (UDG) product. You will work closely with Product Managers, Technical Leads, Engineers, QA experts, and UX Designers to shape and deliver high quality and high efficiency solutions for Universal Data Graph. You will be expected to input into UDG strategy, and be a keen advocate of continuous improvement concepts in our software engineering lifecycle – continuous testing, continuous integration, linting etc.
You will be a talented line manager, with experience in running teams, mentoring junior engineers, and leading a culture of empowerment and constant process and standards improvement.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
* Contributing to strategic direction of UDG, working with the Senior Product
* Manager to suggest new ideas or challenge existing strategy
* Developing our event driven GraphQL (GQL) subscriptions product
* Building data connectors and resolvers to myriad datasources and which can be transformed into a GQL end point
* Working with our UX team to create highly efficient and beautiful solutions which leverage no-code principles and ‘drag and drop’ ease of use
* Iterating and improving our federation solution for dividing GQL implementation over multiple back end data sources
* Designing and delivering analytics solutions for GQL and UDG
* Advocating and driving a continuous improvement agenda for how we engineer – driving continuous testing, continuous integration, test coverage, linting etc and driving your teams to adopt the same mindset
* Responsible for ensuring your teams feature to debt ratio remains healthy
* Working with the Product Manager to architect solutions to future roadmap items or new capabilities, using well accepted design patterns that allow for future scaling
* Working with DevSecOps to embed a security first approach to our product iteration and ensure what is released is safe for our customers
* Takes responsibility for the quality, maintainability and flexibility of code written by your team
* A leader of ensuring we write automated tests for every new capability and bug fix and ensure this culture permeates.
* Have a clear focus on creating , coding, and testing solutions for non functional use cases – technical debt reduction, documentation improvement, security, stability, bug fix
* Driving your teams adherence to Tyk coding standards – ensuring test cases are written, ensuring documentation is written, driving high levels of automation in our pipeline process, ensuring tests are passing before merge
* Driving your teams adherence to Scrum process , being an example in working to definition of ready / done, improving estimation, documentation first etc
* Be a key shaper and contributor to our continuous improvement agenda – be it the clarity of our user stories, how we estimate, or how we ensure continuous testing, we expect this role to be advocate of continuous improvement
* Play an active part in our Scrum process, helping to ensure tickets are well groomed and planned for the next sprint
* Line management of a small team – mentoring, improving, leading performance reviews, assisting in objective setting, and reviewing progress against our progression matrix
* Leads the drive to embed and run a DevOps culture where we have a clear focus on release engineering quality and automation
Here’s what we’re looking for:
Strong backend engineering experience in Go
Strong understanding and experience of GraphQL
Working experience with Scrum
Strong understanding of integration principles and meshing myriad data sources into one
Expert in building brilliant software engineering process with high levels of automation
Passion for continuously improvement software delivery lifecycle
Experience of influencing and guiding product strategies through technical knowledge
Line and team management and mentorship – creating outcome focused teams, accountability, thirst for improvement, and culture of innovation and empowerment
Deep working understanding of DevOps best practice, particularly in relation to release engineering
Good working experience of security first software development
Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
Experience with Redis and MongoDB
Very organized and exceptional attention to detail
Passion for continuously improvement software delivery lifecycle
Happy to input into and challenge product strategies based on technical knowledge
Strong communication skills
Hands on development experience scaling complex systems
Considerable backend engineering experience
Familiarity with Kubernetes or other orchestration tools
Experience building applications in Go, C, C++
Passionate about working on and contributing to Open Source
Here’s why you should join us:
Everyone has unlimited paid holiday.
We have total flexibility in hours, as we believe creativity flows better when our people are given freedom to decide when they are most productive. Everyone is unique after all.
Generous maternity and paternity leave
We all share the same vision – we value authenticity, respect, responsibility, independence, honesty, diversity and inclusion and most importantly treating others how you wish to be treated. We look for like-minded people who bring their personalities to work everyday, strive to achieve their personal goals and who are willing to challenge the way we do things, why? – to make what we do even better!
Our values tell the story of Tyk – here’s how:
It’s ok to screw up!
We’ve found that it’s often the ‘stupid’ or unexpected ideas that turn out to be the successful ones – so try it, at least we can say we have!
The only stupid idea, is the untested one!
It’s in our DNA – starting a business with founders 12 hours apart, giving our gateway away for free – sure, we did that, and we’d do it again!
Trust starts with you – make it count!
Trust is a two-way street – instil it from day one!
Assume best intent!
We have each other’s back – we’re all on the same team. Think before you speak or act.
Make things, better!
Always try to leave things better than when you found them – change is constant, inevitable and embraced! Be that change we want to see.
Tyk is an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.