As a well-rounded software engineer, you should definitely be the type that appreciates diversity in your day, and challenges outside of your comfort level!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Designing a deterministic lifecycle workflow for our next product offering.
Writing core platform code for a new feature, and unit tests for functionality.
Leading discussions on new development and gathering requirements from business users for new features.
Refactoring and improving existing code for performance and simplicity.
Build tools to help our internal business partners better perform their jobs
Researching additional ideas, you may have to improve the product/platform overall and sharing with the team.
Interacting with customers and/or sales on a bug in the software, quickly resolving it, and coordinating across the team to push a fix.
Working with other engineers and discussing quirks in network protocols and network interconnection which translate rapid API changes.
WHAT YOU BRING:
The right candidate will have an abundance of hard-core programming skills, have solid instincts for API usability and design patterns. You are probably a full-stack developer who naturally gravitates towards work on a product core. You know how to sacrifice algorithmic elegance for getting it done on deadline. More specifics include:
- Extensive experience with Go in large applications developed in a team environment.
- Expert unit tester.
- Experience building tools and applications used by internal company users.
- Extensive experience with the HTTP protocol and developing and using RESTful APIs.
- A solid understanding of OO programming paradigms.
- Experience with a message queue system like RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- Experience using NoSQL data stores like Redis.
- Be completely at home on any nix command line and building your own tools.
- Very comfortable using Git in a team environment (i.e. pull-requests, branch management, rebasing).
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools like Slack, Zoom etc.
- Never being afraid to venture boldly where none have gone before and develop code where there are no previous libraries to draw from.
Any experience interacting with physical world equipment - industrial, medical, etc
The right candidates will most likely have a strong background working in large scale data center or telecommunications environments, with a proven track record of completing projects on time in spite of obstacles.
PacketFabric is the connectivity cloud. We built a global, 50+Tbps carrier-class optical network that is completely automated and consumable on-demand like SaaS, so enterprises can connect the core of their hybrid and multi-cloud architectures and grow their digital business.
We offer private and secure point-to-point, hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and custom connectivity services that you can provision in minutes via our self-service portal or programmable API. We offer flexible consumption of our services, with month-to-month or longer terms, or even usage-based for bursting and disaster recovery.
PacketFabric was recognized with the “2020 Fierce Telecom Innovation Award for Cloud Services,” named one of the “10 Hottest Networking Startups of 2020” by CRN, a Futuriom 40 Top Private Company, and a “2020 Cool Vendor in Enhanced Internet Services and Cloud Connectivity” by Gartner.
PacketFabric is a distributed, fully remote team with people living and working all over the world.
What PacketFabric Offers
Remote first, globally distributed team.
The chance to disrupt the entrenched telecommunications infrastructure industry.
A supportive and optimistic team that likes to learn from each other.
A product development pipeline that’s constantly pushing new features and enhancing the quality of existing products.
The opportunity to work with many different industries and customer types.
A small company culture.
Great health, dental, and 401(k) for US residents.