Senior Go Engineer at Shogun - Remote
$90k - $150k • Company Website https://getshogun.com/
Shogun, and we’re on a mission to help people create the best eCommerce experiences in the world.
We were in the Winter 2018 batch of Y-Combinator, we just raised a Series A investment, we have over 10,000 active paying clients, and we’re preparing to launch a new product in 2020 (you can read more in Tech Crunch).
Our teams are fully distributed and global (check out our team page)! We have no office, so we are looking for team members that are comfortable with and motivated by the opportunity to work remotely.
A Software Engineer that specializes in Go and brings in a deep understanding of design patterns and data structures.
In This Role You Will…
- Build robust and scalable software using Go
- Participate in architectural design discussions and planning sessions
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
- Help define and improve internal coding standards
- Collaborate with Product Manager and other Engineering stakeholders
- Strong proficiency and working experience (3+ years) in Go
- Experienced in working on a medium-to-large monolithic codebase. You have done more than a simple microservice
- Comfortable working in highly agile, iterative software development process
- Strong background in PostgreSQL
- Working experience in GraphQL
- Good hands-on knowledge of CI/CD tools
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Self-managing, both in motivation and learning
- Work in line with our values
- Experience with Fastly or VCL
- Knowledge in Ruby, React, PWA
- Experience with task queueing systems (preferably Faktory)
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working with a remote and asynchronous team
- A competitive salary
- Benefits (vary by location)
- An environment that cares highly about the quality of the code and good practices. We’ve suffered enough without them!
- A fully remote work environment - our team is global and has been remote from the very start!
- Occasionally, we hire on a full time contractor basis to begin with. Team members enjoy the same opportunities for great compensation, full time positions, and consideration, regardless of location.
- Work in the open: Operate with high integrity and choose what’s right over what’s easy. Be transparent as a company and with each other.
- People are People: Treat yourself, colleagues, and customers with dignity, empathy, and respect. Start from a presumption of positive intent.
- Win and grow together: Strive to be the best, individually and as a team. Support and encourage each other. Seek opportunities for growth.
Shogun supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class
Application form questions
- Github/Gitlab profile URL
- Your Shopify development store URL (Try to use Shogun to get a feel for the product)
- Source code of something you built and that proud of. It can be a repo, a gist, or a zip file (Please don’t paste code here)
- What is the GO best practice or paradigm that you disagree with? Why?
- Where did you hear about us?
- In what country would you be working from?