Senior Golang Engineer at SportBuff - Remote (EU/UK)
Salary £55,000 to £65,000 a year
Company Website https://sportbuff.com
Published October 2020
Applicants This Week 5
About the company
Powerful social gaming over live video.
Sport Buff is next generation audience engagement for sports video. We engage viewers through live predictions, polls, votes and more over the top of video content - live, replay and highlights.
Even with time-shifted audiences, Sport Buff is the tool to bring the vibrancy and excitement of the live experience, over the top of replay content.
We are currently working on a new campaigns in football (soccer), esports, basketball and more with world’s leading rightsholders.
55000 GBP - 65000 GBP
Sportbuff is looking for a Senior Golang Engineer to work together with our existing Senior Golang Engineer and add new exciting features to our platform.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining our REST API (written in Golang) as well as planning and implementing new technologies to help us scale our systems to serve millions of users.
Τechnical design and architecture
Code new features as well as maintaining existing features
Write technical documentation
Participate and run code reviews
Prototype new and redesign features
Provide unsolicited advice on the product
- Experience with Golang (4+ years)
- Excellent experience creating and running web APIs
- Excellent experience with databases
- Excellent experience with testing
- Experience building high-performance and fault-tolerant applications.
- Experience with cloud based applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience with Agile development and rapid iteration cycles
- A background in startups
- Experience working with live sports data feeds and APIs (OPTA, Sportradar, etc)
- Being a fan of live sports and watching sports
- Experience deployment/management/troubleshooting of AWS infrastructure
What you can expect from us:
- Working directly with some of the greatest sports brands in the world
- Work in an exciting fast paced tech start up environment
- Working with sports and esports!
- You have direct access to senior team members (CEO, CTO, VPs etc)
- A hugely passionate team who will support you all along the way
- Working with some of the latest technology creating a new experience for the public
- Flexible start and finish times - though you need to be available for daily briefings
- A fantastic learning experience, with long term potential from being one of the first hires in what will become a significant team and product
- Being part of something very special as we change the way sports fans engage with content