Senior GoLang Engineer at BCG Digital Ventures - Melbourne, Australia
A$120k - A$130k • Company Website https://www.bcgdv.com/
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Backed by one of the largest businesses in Australia, we are currently building a disruptive new business that will revolutionize the Home Services Industry.
We are looking for a talented senior GoLang Engineer who has a real passion for entrepreneurship, to join and help lead the founding team.
What you will do
- Support the build and management of the backend infrastructure for the platform including integrations with 3rd party vendors
- Support the implementation of the platform’s data strategy
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, designers and engineers.
- Contribute to a maintainable, high quality, and performant codebase
- Effectively communicate your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Mentor other engineering team members
- 3+ years of professional and in-depth experience with Go, possessing broad knowledge of the Go ecosystem, including web and RPC frameworks, logging frameworks, and database drivers
- Experience designing and developing RESTful service oriented and/or microservice architecture
- Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, CosmosDB, etc.)
- Experience with GoLang ecosystem (build tools, package manager, frameworks, debugging tools, etc.)
- DevOps experience with knowledge on how to setup, configure, and maintain a CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. agile software development, continuous deployment, behavior driven development, code review, design documentation, infrastructure as code, etc.)