Get access to exclusive discount on Golang courses up to 25% off
Last developer joined
Upload Your CV
Go to your Inbox & Confirm Your Application
Senior Golang Software Engineer at ML.S - Vienna, Austria / Remote (Europe)
Salary €70,000 to €90,000 a year Company Websitehttps://ml.solutions/ Published March 2024 Applicants This Week 1
MLS is a privately owned company developing next generation software solutions for European Intelligence Agencies.
We are looking for a Senior Golang Software Engineer, with prior hands-on experience in creating networking proxy software. Job involves creating client/server software, using often proprietary, binary communication protocols. Good understanding of advanced networking concepts is required and prior experience with creating proxy software.
You should have a natural ability to establish trust and make people feel comfortable. You approach your work with a spirit of partnership and collaboration, not exclusion or rigidness. You're a resourceful problem solver; you can feel for gaps in what you're working on and suggest solutions. You're a manager of one. You can take a stand yet commit even when you disagree. You prefer direct feedback, and you
• Working remotely requires excellent asynchronous communication skills. We use Basecamp to manage projects and pitch ideas in form of long-form write ups.
• Several years of experience programming in a systems programming language, including at least a couple of years of Go experience.
• A good understanding of Go idioms and conventions.
• Several years of experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
• A good understanding of networking protocols (layer 2-7), especially TCP, UDP and QUIC.
• Experience designing and implementing custom networking protocols.
• Experience with observability tools, like DTrace, eBPF, etc.
• An understanding of how to build scalable and secure systems.
• An understanding of how the operating system kernel works and interracts with user software.
• An understanding of how Tor works, including its weaknesess, possible deanonymization attacks, etc.
• Familiar with both Linux/macOS.
Nice to Have
• Several years of C experience.
• Hands-on kernel programming experience.
• XNU (macOS) kernel experience.
• Reverse engineering experience, proficient in tools like gdb, IDA, ghidra, etc.
• Practical experience in how to evade Internet censorship.
• Experience implementing and operating SOCKSv5 or HTTP proxies.
What we offer
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques
• Responsible and challenging activity
• International and dynamic work environment
• Broad, varied task area in which everyone is compelled to make things look beautiful and work flawlessly
• Extensive range of further education and training