Senior Software Engineer - Backend at Sysdig - San Francisco, CA, USA
Salary $150,000 to $160,000 a year
Company Website https://sysdig.com
Published August 2018
Applicants This Week 4
Here at Sysdig, we’re what you might call container-obsessed. It starts with our unique technology, which listens to the heart of the operating system to surface the deepest data with the least overhead. From there, we’ve created the first-ever Container Intelligence Platform, which proactively uncovers issues before they manifest, and allows for deep digging to solve the most complex problems.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who is passionate about building simple, scalable services to deal with complex data. You will work alongside an established engineering team located throughout the US and Europe. Sysdig is a high growth startup, and there will be significant growth opportunities for this position. Our customer base is growing fast and so is the scale demanded of our backend. As a consequence, we’re embarking on a major re-architecting of our platform.
- You’ll lead projects as part of this scale-out effort that will allow us to handle the next orders of magnitude. Examples of such projects include writing Kafka-based streaming services.
- Distribute query engine targeting of our Cassandra and ElasticSearch data store.
- Optimize ingest pipeline.
- Put machine learning features into production.
- Handle both monitoring and security data on a daily basis across multiple platform tiers (Kubernetes, AWS, Mesos)
- Prior experience building and operating large-scale data pipelines
- Production experience with at least one of Kafka, Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures and algorithms
- Java experience highly preferred
- Experience with AWS is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience is a plus
- A positive “can do” attitude with the ability to articulate thoughts and ideas and see them to fruition
- An appetite for varied data.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base.
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down.
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers.
- Our open source tools (https://www.sysdig.org) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers.
- We have fun team with company events, beer outings, and lots of espresso (if you’re into that).
Perks & Benefits
Along with top notch health insurance coverage, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Desk and tech setup of your choice (for wherever you work)
- IRA with company matching up to 3% of salary
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly self-improvement grant – spend on yourself however you see fit!
- Free weekly team lunches and delicious snacks every day of the week
- Free monthly house cleaning service